So that sucked...plus a little MP warning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Changed out the AC compressor this morning. What a crappy job that is.

While putting the new one in, I discovered a little idler wheel - not a pully though - bolted to the bottom front of the AC compressor. Mine was gummed up, and the belt had worn a little flat spot on it. I sprayed it down with a little deep creep, then sprayed it down with a silicone lubricant to make sure it keeps moving.

So here's the warning - next time you're changing your belts, feel around for that little pulley/tension wheel and make sure it's spinning. With a second set of hands you should be able to undo all of the bolts for the compressor and move it out of the way without unhooking any of the freon lines, and clean it up/get it spinning again if it's frozen up. If you need to take it out completely, you'll have to remove the 14mm bolt that holds the compressor on, and then there's a 12mm bolt that holdsd the idler assembly in place - seems to come out in one unit.

Sorry, no pictures. It's 95 degrees out there...so I didn't have time to document anything.

MP?

Yeah, I caught that right as I hit "post"

MP is the hot and tired version of "PM" which would be the acronym for "Preventative Maintence".

Sorry for having to translate that...but I'm hot and tired. :D

Got it. Malfunction Prevention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom