So new place for Amp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the it is always easier to stick the amp as close as you can to your head unit. less cables equals less fussing. Where else can we mount a decent 4 channel amp? I have an amp that is about 15x9 not to bad but.....

It would fit with the right theory under the driver side dash. There is a big gap under there. Has anyone placed one under there. Looking for some input.

Thanks
Rick

I know that does not help in the woods..but it will make me happy in the woods.
Rick

why not mount it where evey one else does in the back? yeah the cables are longer but its a good fit. But if you install it right its not hard and you wont even see the cables? Put it in the dash if u can fit it but remeber it has to stay cool.

no sense in reinventing the wheel

mike

LX or LC? year?

on the LX 450 when installing a system removing the CD changer and Sub box from the console nets a lot of room, I plan to put a compact itx/mitx carputer and amp in there and use the speaker grill for a 120MM or so cooling fan, the amp will be for the door speakers, sub amp will likely go in the back either the left or right side. likely on the left where the Phone transmitter currently resides.

RavenTai said:
LX or LC? year?

on the LX 450 when installing a system removing the CD changer and Sub box from the console nets a lot of room, I plan to put a compact itx/mitx carputer and amp in there and use the speaker grill for a 120MM or so cooling fan, the amp will be for the door speakers, sub amp will likely go in the back either the left or right side. likely on the left where the Phone transmitter currently resides.

not sure if you know or not but where the factory sub was on the lx is really hot with out a carputer or amp. Its amazing how hot it can get. i removed my factory box to run a fuse block and switches there and on long road trips hot air pumps out of there enough to where you can easily notice it. not sure bout you but i dont think id want a fan pumping out more hot air .

mike

I knew the fwd console (shifter area) got hot, did not know about the console itself getting hot, must be heat from the transmission and T-case, I'll have to do some insulation of some kind as that is a lot of convenient space to let go to waste.

Without running out to look at mine late at night. Is there room under the passenger side seat. There should be sufficient airflow there but I can not recall if there would be enough room.

The rear heater core, fan and duct work live under the passenger seat.

No room under the pass side seat, I just had mine off!

You wanna mount your amp in a place the heat can rise off the heatsinks. I wouldn't put mine under or in anything, on the side of maybe but I would stick more with a mounting that is open so it can stay cool. Now there are factors here:

1) An amp that big, what kinda system are you doing?
2) Running 1ohm then FOR SURE you need to keep it way cooler then you can with it under a seat.
3) 50 Watts x2 then by all means put it where ever you want.

Just keep those in mind and get us some more info.

PS KnuKonceptz on eBay or at same name .com has a very nice amp wiring kit, I would just buy that and put in in the back. Maybe in the back bottom hatch with some fans?

My truck is a cruiser. I want to make sure I have room to expand and mount a sub and another amp later. Could I mount behind the rear driver door in that compartment? The closer to the front would be nice.

Boy it is tight in those doors huh?

I have mine in the cubby in the rear panel. Either way you have to run wires, IMO it is better to run the leads a long distance, than the higher amp outputs to the speakers.

Good luck, I spent a week trying different things, I hope it is a LOOOOOOONNNNG time before I have to take the dash and all of the switches loose again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom