So many wagons,so little time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After spending a long saterday working on motorhomes with problems.The cash cow of living in a small town.I was looking to spend some time on my own projects.There was a Fj40 i got for beer,and $100 finder fee"thanks mike" on the top field,in the way.I wanted to grab the seat and floormat for a beater going together,so some local kid will enter in to cruiserdom.Then my 40 is next to it,wating for the fence at the shop to be finished.The theft rates go's way up in summer around here.The rod bearings in the 454 got washed when the ground on the pro jection melted.Go figure holley has ground problems just like toyota wiring.I have a fresh short block sitting at the shop for it.But the heads and intake and pieces are still in it,And it is showing rust spots on the door corners .That was not there when i moved up here in 2000.It got side tracked when i got the fj55.The bj60 sits over there in the top field also.It's a ruff puppy filled with chain saws and fire wood gear.The plan was to make a truggy.I guess i will wait till the cab mounts fall in.So i took the parts.And moved the truck down to where i keep them.Using the backhoe I also pulled a 3b and trans@ transfer from a 60,to stuff in the buy sell or take to cruiser days to trade. And head back to the house. Now the garage is a real mess.My 45LV is there,I had to yanked it from the paint guy just before the snow fell last winter.He had sand blasted lowers and sills and gutters and was ready to push it outside.Why dp90 i gave him was gone i dont know.And a bare cab for a 45pu is taking up space also. Then some odds and ends.And the wall of shame,it's every 45 wagon I've ever seen on print or internet.After seeing retro cruiser, I knew that was what I wanted so I started looking and watching where they turned up next.Then I saw one in B C buy and sell and talked to the owner ,he told me it's a 45splitback,and I just can't fix it up like I wanted. I don't know if he was refering to the super beatle tail light or the dead bolts to keep the doors shut.It had clean papers, started right up and brakes with 3 pumps.And now all i need is a lexus for parts.And a little time for the build.But it's gone to the shop or the body guy place and back more times than i want to admit in the last 3years.Later that year i helped with the 55 that was to be the inlaws fishing truck.New fenders epoxy primer -3.7 axels-disk rears-ps-350-auto-just a good driver, he used it for a year or two then lost intrest.I used it on and off until 2 years ago when my fj40 oil drop to 10 psi.Now the pig has had paint and a new harness -pw instald. But I still go out and look at the parts and the 45Lv's on the wall and I wonder"Is it time to sell the fj55 to finace the fj45'' I'm not sure what I think. Rob

Last edited:
Wow, you have quite the cruiser collection!
I hate it when there are so many tough choices to make. I have a solution. send them all to me, and keep one, that way you will have just one cruiser to put all your effort into, instead of spreading the love out too much! :D

Deny,Well i guess or hope that the TLAC has some 12 step program for this.When i got the first fj40 in 88, I was hooked on corvettes spent every cent extra trying to keep a 80 4speed on the road.The inlaws bought it new in 1975.At this point it was sitting under a tree in port moody missing the motor-trans -t case.It was musterd yellow with a bent red hood.Brother in law must have forgot to latch his hood,because his was a bright red big block ground up with TOY-RAT on the plate.I spent every free weekend that summer.Going from b'ham there to make it run.Took till next spring before I got done.I will never forget havin to install the adapter shaft that went in the the th350 ih8 guting auto's still this day!And the 327 used oil .Ran it like that for 4 years.Yes she should get a full resto-mod for all the years and fun we have had, That's where the door rust make me think,now not later. treerootCO I think you have a shot of the parts truck.Its my avtar on the other board.

Last edited:
I know

You should let your pig go on a southern vacation - to visit my 55. Together they can enjoy the relaxing time staring down the various old tractors and other rusty old farm equipment that are biding their time within the confines of the dry storage shop as well. Don't worry about it whatsoever. The stay there will do wonders to their self esteem - it'll be boosted greatly as they won't feel too old sitting next to a few other vehicles lurking about who are in their 7th decade of life. Yes, the pigs will feel like spring chickens there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom