1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So it was my bday yesterday...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Ratpuke, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Ratpuke

Ratpuke SILVER Star

And I decided to have a little redneck fun.

Went to the drag races and the Dukes movie Sunday night. I was supposed to go wheeling but Orange needed an air filter. Two of the trucks rolled so I'm
    glad I didn't go. Yesterday, I played hookie from work, built a potato gun and went and shot some more TVs (already shot up a tv and a computer monitor). Then we were gonna go fishing and exploring with Agent O (BJ42) but we ran out of daylight. Tonight I'll brew up some "Swamp Donkeys" shots, drink some Strongbow and have a campfire on the beach.

My mom thought I was kidding when I told her what I was up to. All she said was "ah, I see you're starting to fit in with the Chetwynd culture" (the town where toothless rednecks are rampant)...

Check out the video (you'll need sound): http://gallery.prairiedogparts.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=videos&id=Chris_n_potato_gun

Disclaimer: SPUDGUNS ARE NOT TOYS!! WHEN USED IN AN UNSAFE MANNER THEY CAN BE EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. SEVERE INJURY OR EVEN DEATH CAN RESULT FROM MISUSE. NEVER, FOR ANY REASON, LOOK DOWN THE BARREL OF A LOADED SPUDGUN. SPUDGUNS SHOULD BE TREATED WITH THE SAME RESPECT AS A BB GUN, A PAINTBALL GUN, OR A SHOTGUN.

2. Deny

Deny

Some how that redneck thing is contageous :D ask me how I know. You should bring the spud gun on the trip down south, and we can do a few drivebys in Chetwynd, maybe take out a few mailboxes. :D Heck before you know it you will be trading in your Cruiser for a nice Ford pickup. :cool:

3. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

Mmmmm, Cruiserchicks and potatoguns. This is a better thread than the cheerleaders anyday.

Glad you had a Happy Brithday :princess:

4. Ratpuke

Ratpuke SILVER Star

Karl says his uncle splits trees when he fires a golf ball out of his potato gun. I couldn't believe the height we were getting - way over the tree line.

Deny - you'll have to come up with a way to mount it on your hood so it'll swivel around. :D

Bruce - only thing that would've made it better was if you were here ;)

Thank goodness I have a year to scheme up things for #29. :cheers:

5. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    Congrats Charla.. I noticed yesterday we share the same day. I didn't do anything quite that exciting :(

Damn.. only 28... Congrats!

6. Ratpuke

Ratpuke SILVER Star

I too, noticed. Congratulations to you as well. We also share the same types of Cruisers. :cool: Dustin Hoffman also had a bday yesterday, but you probably knew that. I've never met anyone with the same day before.

I'm a little backwards - when I was a kid I absolutely hated having bdays. Now I think they're great. I'm gonna have a huge bash on 08/08/08. You're invited. :beer:

7. 72FJ40LandCruiser

72FJ40LandCruiser

What kind of spud guns do you build? I've had best luck with pneumatic. Sure, you have to have a compressor handy, but nothing (with comparable price to build) is as reliable and powerful. I've always wanted to do a propane injected one out of steel pipe. Maybe when I get access to my welder again. My last pneumatic spud gun I shot, I shot a spud 400 yards. With a good projectile, like a golf ball, you could get a lot more distance. I also shot a huge 36mm socket out of it, and it shot right through a sheet of 3/4" MDF. It wasn't the best projectile, and ended up rotating so that it went through sideways and made a hole just like the profile of the socket. Pretty neat.

8. 1FE pig

1FE pig

Charla you dont want all of us to sing cause it will sound like a 3b with no muffler so,I will put some acetylene in a rubber glove and light the string,Last time I used exhaust pipe,I wondered if my fingers were still there so I dont do that without a worm in the bottle.All the best. 1FE

9. brian

brian SILVER Star

how 'bout a pic of the birthday suit :grinpimp: :grinpimp:

10. fitchik

fitchik

Happy Belated Charla...

Spud Guns - didn't we have that conversation over the tiki torches?? To funny.... Looks like fun,

Petra and Greg :beer: :beer:

11. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

Wanna see some Ratpuke skin eh? Can't blame you.

Here's a teaser from my collection.

12. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    spud gun wars??.... :cheers:

13. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

What's that? The back of her thigh? Was she in full retreat? :D

14. Ratpuke

Ratpuke SILVER Star

Skidoo jumping accident at work last Feb. :crybaby:

15. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

and here I was thinking it was a spud gun injury :rolleyes:

based on the bruise, that must've stung a bit, eh?