So it begins...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I did it. It's all downhill from here.

The New Girl

Now to get her down from Oregon to her new home in ATX. I posted a Uship auction to see if I can get any decent bites, but does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I'm excited to get her here and unload the xB. She's a beauty, but just wasn't the right car for me. If anyone might be interested give a holler. Once I refit the turbo on my wife's car I'll get a proper "for sale" link going on the xB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300730921643#v4-41

She's pretty... Congrats!

-Daniel

Sent from deep in the mountains of Honduras using only sticks and rocks.

Congrats! Contact Auto Trans Experts, LLC, out of Spokane, and do it directly. Don't pay a broker, like Uship, if you don't have to. You ain't getting any lovin' from the pimp, so why pay for it? They shipped my 40 down from Portland, in an enclosed trailer, for $900. Nice guys, very professional, and at a great price.

Wow she looks great, makes me miss my 60...

The fairey over-drive scares the hell out of me. Long time been gone, parts wise.

Congrats! Contact Auto Trans Experts, LLC, out of Spokane, and do it directly. Don't pay a broker, like Uship, if you don't have to. You ain't getting any lovin' from the pimp, so why pay for it? They shipped my 40 down from Portland, in an enclosed trailer, for $900. Nice guys, very professional, and at a great price.

Hmm, great to know. So far the best quote has been DAS and I think that's because they have a hub in Medford, OR that he can drop it at and in ATX that I can pick it up at.

I'll give these guys a call tomorrow.

Actually I won't be calling those transporters in Spokane. I just googled them and while I found several great reviews there were also a helluva lot of negatives and they only had 1 or 2 stars on 3 different sites. Might be worth the extra couple of hundred bucks to go with a more consistent carrier.

We always use http://www.autotransportdirect.com/ for all of our vehicle transports at the shop. They're fast. They're fairly priced. And they are honest and upfront about everything. Try the, out.

What about just flying in and driving it back yourself? Does Southwest fly there?

Flying, gas, time...I ran the numbers. Convenience and money makes it 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

TwoLeftThumbs said:
Actually I won't be calling those transporters in Spokane. I just googled them and while I found several great reviews there were also a helluva lot of negatives and they only had 1 or 2 stars on 3 different sites. Might be worth the extra couple of hundred bucks to go with a more consistent carrier.

Your money, I read the same reviews, and can only speak from my personal experience.

Flying, gas, time...I ran the numbers. Convenience and money makes it 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.

By my estimates, flying gas, time, and hotel would probably leave you over 1k.

Of course their is the intangible value of the cross country adventure and the bonding with your new vehicle. :cheers:

That is a sweet truck.

By my estimates, flying gas, time, and hotel would probably leave you over 1k.

Of course their is the intangible value of the cross country adventure and the bonding with your new vehicle. :cheers:

That is a sweet truck.

x2 on bonding with your truck...and the adventure.

I ran the numbers on a Portland to Austin road trip several days ago. Didn't save my estimate but IIRC I used $3.50/gal gas and 15 mpg and came up with something in the $850 range, including ~$500 fuel and ~$200 airfare via Southwest. My fuel estimate is probably high with gas prices dropping daily. I can stay free in Portland, Denver, Amarillo and OKC so the bottom line would be higher if you didn't have those lodging options.

I say take a few days off and go for it. :cheers:

jmdaniel said:
I say buy Lee a case of good cervesas and have him do it...

And don't put the case in the truck on the front end of the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom