So I took of my front drive shaft. Grrrrrr (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
I was hearing a Grrrr sound ocassionaly. It seemed most frequent when I let off the gas but still was giving it a little bit. It seemed to be geeting worse lately. I read the driveshaft woes thread and took it off and the sound is gone. I think I hear a little ringing coming from the underside at the same time now, not sure could be my imagination.

So I will clean the drive shaft, clean out the grease from the splines and grease the zircs on the end. Is there something else I should do before I put it back on? Is it worth it to take it somewhere and have them check it or replace the CV or U joint?

Based on what I read, cleaning it out is the solution. Just thought I would check while its off. Se if I should take it to a drive shaft shop.

Could the ringing I am hearing mean the Tcase output bearing on this replacement Tcase is going? Again, not sure about the sound.

I also noticed more pep, but thats probably because its only driving two wheels.

I'll go mark it for the alignment and clean it up.

Romer,
I'd just clean it and toss it back on. If the ringing comes back then I'd look at bearings etc, but not unless the ringing comes back.

I had a ton of T-Case vibration under heavy excelleration from a dead stop when the truck was loaded.

Just installed a double cardon from Slee. All issues resolved. A while back the rear was replaced do to play in the yoke and this one had some play as well. You might want to check the yoke when it's back up there.

I cleaned it up and everything seems to move fine. I'll put it back on and take it for a spin

Took it for a 20 minute drive and no noise. Thinking about it, the noise started after I put the winch on which lowered the front. Anything to that?

Loose nut behind the wheel.

Lubricate with Jack Daniels and a Cuban cigar...................:flipoff2:

cruiserdan said:
Loose nut behind the wheel.

Lubricate with Jack Daniels and a Cuban cigar...................:flipoff2:

Crown Royal on the rocks :flipoff2:

Don't say 'lubricate' and 'cuban cigar' in the same sentance, it makes me think of a former president.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom