So I thought fixing the broken sway bar link would end my front suspension creak... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've had a squeak/creak in the front suspension for a while, and dug into it today expecting for find a broken sway bar link (which I found). I swapped out the broken sway bar link, and the squeak/creak persists.

It seems most consistent on bumps (speed bumps are a guaranteed replication), however I've heard it when turning as well.

Any thoughts on where to look next? Any lube points in the front suspension I should hit?

Ball joints

Sway bar links would make clunking noises going over bumps, squeaking/creaking like opening a heavy wooden door would most likely be your balljoints drying out of grease.

Ball joints

Sway bar links would make clunking noises going over bumps, squeaking/creaking like opening a heavy wooden door would most likely be your balljoints drying out of grease.
Clunking is often control arm bushings, too. But I agree with you that OP’s problem is likely ball joints.

Grease your balls (joints)

For me the squeak creaking noise was the PS sway bar mount. The one under the air conditioning drain. My bar was rusted there and had poor contact with the mount. Used sway bar and mount bushing installed cured the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom