So, I take it.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
....there's no good way to do this? I'm swapping my tranny and only need to undo the top two bolts.

Bellhousing.jpg

I guess it's time to go buy a 3 foot extension and just feel around up in there until I hopefully find the bolt heads? Then hope the slack in the swivel joint doesn't prevent me from cracking these off?

And I guess my last question was stupid. I'll try it again though. Does the tranny cable control only line pressure? Would there be any detrimental effects of pulling it out to WOT and clamping it there?

This is much harder than a FWD economy car.

It's from the new tranny. An A343F. I had to take it off to get some leverage with my screwdriver to pry the old seals out. The picture was meant to show which two bolts I'm dreading on the old tranny that needs to come out.

When I rebuilt my sons 22RE, I had to break the two top bolts loose from the top. There was just enough room between the head and the firewall.

Would you do me a huge favor, I need a measurement from where it bolts to the engine to where it bolts to the transmission. I have been looking for that dimension everywhere and can't find it.

Re: measurments

Sorry to be stupid, but I'm not quite sure which dimension you're asking for (like whether you mean depthwise from the inner bolts of the bell housing attaching to the tranny over to the bolts attaching to the engine block, or a heightwise measurement looking straight on at the tranny between those same bolts). PM me your Email address so I can reply and attach picture files easily. I'll be glad to get you whatever measurements and pictures you need.

Jon

Retarded bolt

Well, it was as bad as I thought. All this for that one bolt....

Ridiculous.jpg

I tried taking the shifter assembly off and going through the tranny tunnel, but that was a bust. My goodness, this was stupid. I hope never to have to repeat this again. :censor::crybaby::mad::bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom