So I got a Chinese driver’s window motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a great deal of frustration and some scraped knuckles working through the holes in the driver’s door, I got my Chinese window motor installed & regulator assembly back in.

The drivers door switch assembly is from Switch Doctor, but works perfectly on the other 3 windows. I believe there is nothing wrong with the switch(es)

The new Chinese motor did not have the proper plug, so I cut the OEM two wire plug off the old motor, twisted it on the Chinese motor. Red wire to red wire, black Chinese wire to green OEM wire

My problem is that UP on the switch, window goes down, DOWN on the switch, window goes up !

Did I get the motor’s gear on the wrong place on the regulator gear, or do I flip the wires ? I thought one wire would be 12v and one wire would be ground, but maybe it grounds through the door screws & each wire goes a different direction? Is that how electricity works ? Is there any harm to switch the wires & see what happens?

Last edited:
You have the wires backwards.

One wire powers the motor up. One wire powers it down.
You've harmed nothing.

The circuit is more complex than that, is it has two relays. The ground comes in via the relay circuits. But don't sweat it. Just swap wires.

Was the added frustration worth saving a few dollars buying improper, non-OEM, Chinese, parts?

I mean, he couldve tested it first and not had any frustration.

And based on year the motor is nla. So there that.

Pretty sure most aftermarket motors are going to be Chinese. However I've found, at least for the 100 series i could use motors from other Toyotas. For example the sunroof motor for the 100 series was the same in a 4runner and a sequoia, and an ls400 i believe. Some needed the bracket moved over. Take pictures and go play at the self serve junk yards.

Remember the back doors get less use than the fronts.

If it’s the front doors you can buy the complete Aisian regulator and motor from rock auto. I replaced a motor on one 4 years ago with a knock from autozone. Had to rewire the plug and was a pain. Since I replaced my door cards I decided to just swap out regulators and motors as a while you in there. These went in really easy with correct plug and work great. They even had the correct instructions. Great find for sure.

8A8DE6AA-52C0-4A53-96AD-EB8A3BBAE47F.jpeg

ED7A3B45-B064-4046-9D3D-B8DA0BDD10CC.jpeg

06E7B5D6-1487-4425-B121-986DCE298AC2.jpeg

25CB9C7D-F9EE-4974-BDB1-0721BE0CB1BF.jpeg

If it’s the front doors you can buy the complete Aisian regulator and motor from rock auto. I replaced a motor on one 4 years ago with a knock from autozone. Had to rewire the plug and was a pain. Since I replaced my door cards I decided to just swap out regulators and motors as a while you in there. These went in really easy with correct plug and work great. They even had the correct instructions. Great find for sure.

View attachment 3015516

View attachment 3015517

View attachment 3015518

View attachment 3015519
Do you remember the part number?

The last Dorman aftermarket motors I bought from auto zone were made in Korea, much better in many ways than anything made in c c p chyn na IMO.
But you still have to reuse the harness connector from the original motor.
FWIW

Last edited:

View attachment 3015516

View attachment 3015517

View attachment 3015518

View attachment 3015519

Rewiring the plug is a pain but swapping the entire regulator wasn't? It's two wires.

Red wire to red wire, black Chinese wire to green OEM wire

For reasons I don't understand, lots of Chinese 12V products have red as ground and black as 12V+. I've run into this with stuff like license plate lights.

Now I know better and always read the instructions and verify with a power supply. Just kidding, I still confidently wire things up incorrectly.

No but just look under the parts tree for your vehicle. They even have the plastic tab on the connector that pops into the door to hold the connector in place.
Thanks, I ended up looking the part number up on partsouq. My regulators currently work - but have to keep the future in mind at all times with vehicles as old as ours.

And to close out this thread.

Simply reversing the wires, makes the up/down work properly with the switch.

Good job. I did the same thing, had auto up instead of auto down until I flipped the wires.

Noooooo! We need to keep another fairly straightforward and simple thread chugging along for like 30 pages.

The motors are not that unique. There is a worm gear inside. You can likely get any motor from a newer regulator as long as the worm gears are "threaded" the same direction. They all seem to have the same four screw attachment with two closer together than the other two. I even think the newer style that push/pull a cable, have a worm gear in them. I have found some that screw the wrong way so you have to check that. I have swapped staters on them before and even brushes. Trust me...this is easier than a knuckle job, PHH or HG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom