So i found out the series. steering problems and cylinder problems. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m having problems with my steering and it wants to jump really bad when i brake. Also my cylinders are not working right not getting enough torque that i should

584CAD26-6B62-4BA0-9BE1-6A73A42DA4B0.jpeg

D5A132C5-2AD1-41E9-A523-EC971DBC6DAA.jpeg

54CAE399-6315-486A-B99A-E440D4D0A2E3.jpeg

69633078-28A7-4776-9F8D-9DB51E3C96FA.jpeg

BEFD1352-2E27-4646-934A-ABE1C430E3E0.jpeg

FB2E303F-C264-440E-904F-DEE03CCCB905.jpeg

What about cornering it loves going left but gives resistance going right.

Does it pull hard right when you brake? If so then I'd bet that your left front brake caliper is seized. Working through these trucks is all about eliminating variables so the first thing to do is to get the front wheels off and check your brakes. If you're baselining the truck I recommend that you go ahead and order new calipers and pads and possibly rotors. Functional brakes are super important and you'll feel better knowing they're good.

What about cornering it loves going left but gives resistance going right.
Knuckletime!!!

For clarity, when you say resistance OP, do you mean like the steering wheel is physically more difficult to turn right than to turn it left, or do you mean when you try and turn right at speed, the truck doesn't seem to want to go right as easily as it wants to go left? And is this resistance anytime you turn right or only with the brakes applied?

Seems your truck could use a good baseline based on your photos. Brakes would be part of this. As @ntdb mentions, get those wheels up in the air and start testing/shaking stuff to see where your issue might lie. But get those axle seals replaced and the knuckles done. Your truck will thank you. HTH.

Is the frame blowing out above your spring hanger in this photo?

1642782319105.png

Knuckletime!!!

For clarity, when you say resistance OP, do you mean like the steering wheel is physically more difficult to turn right than to turn it left, or do you mean when you try and turn right at speed, the truck doesn't seem to want to go right as easily as it wants to go left? And is this resistance anytime you turn right or only with the brakes applied?

Seems your truck could use a good baseline based on your photos. Brakes would be part of this. As @ntdb mentions, get those wheels up in the air and start testing/shaking stuff to see where your issue might lie. But get those axle seals replaced and the knuckles done. Your truck will thank you. HTH.
Correct when cornering at high speeds it goes left easier but right harder.

What do you mean?
It looks like the inner face of the box frame has cracked along the bottom and is bowing out to the right. Might be a trick of the camera though.

It appears that you are due for a front axle overhaul, rebuild / replace the calipers / rotors.
What size tires and are you running a lifted rig? The geometry of the steering may be altered if you have installed a lift kit.
HTH

What's the alignment rack tell you? Been staring at this picture @CruiserTrash mentions and its interesting. Does kinda look like its bowed out. Could be a trick of the light. Here is a shot of mine:

IMG_7005.jpg
IMG_7006.jpg

Maybe not exactly the same angle but not sure it shows any kind of bow in it. Definitely no crack anywhere.

Has this truck ever been hit that you know of OP?

Here's what I think I might be seeing... green dashed line is where the seam between the inner and lower faces of the box failed, red line is inner face of the box bowing out. Maybe - it's hard to tell what we're looking at here.
62EADC1C-5FAC-48AE-8F68-AACE6C94642D.jpeg

Grab us another photo of the inside of the frame at that front left spring hanger dude! It might bot be anything at all!

Frame.jpg

Photo OP posted earlier. Shows a different angle of that area. Almost looks like the frame has been peeled back and cut somehow like a sardine can kinda thing. Like there is a routed hole right there. Might be causing the bow @CruiserTrash is alluding to. Tried to zoom in on it but not sure you can see anything clearly.

Also, is this a crack in the frame right above the hanger where the black line is or just the hanger seam:

1642800880578.png

Frame2.jpg

Also my frame doesn't have holes right there:

IMG_7005.jpg

Possible this hanger had been moved at some point in this trucks life?

HTH.

Last edited:
Those look more like some kind of undercoating coming off. Steel looks OK to me. Not sure what the holes are for but maybe just differences in model year.
Either a coating, or that piece of steel on the bottom with holes was added for support for some reason. It's hard to tell if it's thicker on the bottom face of the box or not. Other photos don't look as dramatic as I thought. And @Gretsch that does look like the bottom, in front of the spring hanger has somecoating peeling off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom