So i found one of those diamonds in the rough.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I came across a 87' Fj60 with lil' over 200K on the clock, new oem parts like carb, brake master, clutch master, slave, and i am sure a few more. A full OME 2.5" lift with 31's on OEM crome rims. There are a few lil' dings here and there but that is about it. The interior is in great shape but just needs to be cleaned. Oh and the best part about this is that it is 100% rust free. Just driving down the service road here in dallas and came across this. The truck sounded great without a sputter at all.

What would something like this go for? I have had 4 60's in the past 2 years and none of those were 100% rust free. So this is unchartered territory for me.

ANyone?

3?! I'd pay 4.5-5k if I were in the market for one. Milage is the only downside to that truck. Most folks won't touch anything over 150k, but we know better! (or is it worse?)

Well i would figure that it being rust free that would bring alot more.

200k? its not even broken in yet.

We need pictures!!

My '85 has 160k on the clock, no rust and very clean. Stock suspension and lots of new parts and I paid well under 5 grand earlier this year. I think the OME suspension is a bonus but some buyers might think it de-values it. Is the paint original?

Now that 80 series prices are down, the 60 prices have went down also. I would say $4500 max.

i found mine with 240k but with no dents/dings and zero rust. the owner covered the seats since new and they are perfect. the only thing not perfect was little scratches from the trail. i paid $4900.

i think it depends if you're gonna keep it. i plan on keeping mine so i paid a little more for as clean as i could get. in fact i'm having it painted right now.

you'll forget that extra grand ten years from now, but you'll always remember the rust battle. oh, and body work is spendy. avoid it.

Yah, I agree, less than $5K. I paid $7800 for an '89 with 196K, pretty much same description otherwise....

I like the FJ60 better for looks and manual tranny, but I prefer EFI...

this thread is worthless -
without pics :flipoff2: so lets see them.
sounds like a great deal. i paid 3 for mine in great shape without the lift

I would probably pay $6-8k for something like that. I paid $6250 for my 87, but it was local, had passed CA smog, and was in the best shape that I had seen thus far. Fully stock with no modifications and no wheeling, only one owner. But I live in CA, and everything seems to be more expensive here...

PO of my cruiser was the second. Truck was raised in the same CA town all its life. 135k on the clock. Lets just say he was a VERY good customer of OEM parts at Specter. Rebuilt tranny, Tuffy center console, all interior ripped out, inside steam cleaned, carppet replaced, seats rebuilt, new seatbelts all the way around, carb brand new OEM, A/C, OEM Tool kt, door seals and hoses under hood all replaced, new stereo, only new OEM parts under the hood, new exhast from the header back, Aussie mirrors, OEM lights all the way around, even the factory stickers inside and under the hood, everything works and NO RUST..

The bad:
paint faded and oxidizing (if those things are actually different), has dents and scratches, crack in dash (why he didnt replace when the interior was out.. dont know)

I paid 5k.

I used to think it was a little high but (maybe by only $500 or so).. with all the little things he did, improvements, and OEM parts... I thought it was good. It runs solid and folks get in my cruiser expecting a beat interior and they are always inpressed soooo... now kinda think it was worth it.

I picked mine up for $2500 with 204K and it's in great condition.

Without pics, or detail of the prior service history, I'd venture to say it's probably a $3500-$5000 truck as is if it's truely rust free. Of course, a lot depends on how bad someone wants it. If someone's buying it to wheel, or modify the body, then I'd say it should go for less than $4K. Maybe even less than $3K.

You need to factor in shipping costs (or the fact you won't have shipping costs), into the equation now days.

You tell me exactly where it is, and I'll buy...I mean check it out for ya:D

But really, I'm with Doc on this one...4-5k

I got mine with 190k miles and only thing done to it since then is an axle rebuild. Engine still runs good. So 150+ miles means you still got some time before you gotta think about a new engine.

Michael

hammer1 said:
200k? its not even broken in yet.

Something like that. Mine did crap out at 247K

Mine has 152,000 and it is still running strong. I don't forsee any problems in the near future (I hope).

So yeah, 200,000 is a lot of miles, but...

Maybe 3.5-4K, but not 5K, that may be pushing it.

post some pics!! I would say at least $5K but it depends on what you want to spend.

I paid $2.5K and mine (185K miles) has plenty of rust, but the interior was spotless except for the usual drivers seat tear. I've been offered over $3K for it and turned it down. I would prob take $5K or a little less for mine. I mean its "The Cruiser" no one else in my town has one and one of only 3 maybe 4 60 series within 30-40 miles. Its all on how much you want to spend and what you want.

Post some pics, especially of rust prone areas, make sure it hasnt been patched up. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

$3,000.00 to 5k if its a keeper for a while and with the lift kit even better. And on the engine side if it was well taken care of in the beginning; no worries for you.

Depends on where you live and how far you want to drive to buy one. I would say 3k to 3.5k. I have seen quite few that are rust free here in Northern California go for around that.

I think the OME bumps it up so maybe 4K if the engine has good compression and oil pressure looks good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom