So I checked my tranny fluid today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

surfpig

The Anti-Tech
Threads
... and I got the dreaded tranny/transfer leak! And I'm goin' on a roadtrip tomorrow, and a long one next week! I've seen the quick-fix kits at SOR, etc, and if I act now, I can get one delivered by tomorrow. My question is, does someone out there know the sizes, dimensions, etc of the fittings, so that maybe I can find it loccally (Sacramento area) and put one together myself, saving some money and anguish. Time is definately of the essence, since I'm supposed to leave Friday afternoon.

Thanks,

Nial

Do you ahve the tools to drill and tap the fill plugs? You can drill/tap 1/8 npt and install a hose barb in each fill plug. Run a hose from one to the other.

No, not really, at least not the drilling part, I might have a spare plug to fool around with, though, I'll check. I'm sorta looking for the quick fix...

Nail

i have a one of those transfer things but its 5pm here and over nite to sac. ca from CT is gonna be a bunch of $$ if you search around you can find all the parts but it could take a while. probably cheapest to just buy from sor at this point and be done.

Stew

Yup, I just pulled the trigger with Man-it-Costs, it'll be here tomorrow. It's far cheaper than a new transfer case, lets look at that way. Now if I can just get that fill nut off...

Nial

Update...

Got the hose kit this AM, so I started working on it in the work parking lot... Had a little trouble getting the transfer plug off...

Installation was easy, the hardest part (after removing the plug) was attaching the hose to the nipples...

Now, off to play :bounce: !

Nial

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom