So how many rust free 60's have you seen lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,
As winter is knocking on the door here in NJ, I was wondering how many rust free 60's everyone else has seen lately. In NJ I might see 1 60 every 6mo or so, but that's it. For the people in other parts of the U.S., are there a lot of rust free 60's still around? What kind of prices are you seeing them go for? Is there any ideeas as to how many 60's there are left in the U.S.?

Zack

I see one right now. It is in the parking lot and spends it's nights in my garage. Besides mine, I probably average one 60 series sighting a month here in TN. Most in this area are rust free. But there sure aren't a lot of them around.

4 or 5

Our small town (pop 4500) has 4-5 that I see regularly. All appear to be rust-free. There is another one the is kept on a horse ranch and the ding-bat woman has let the horses beat it up pretty bad. This is SW Montana.

When I look at my 60, I just get sad because of the rust that is starting to come back in full force. It seems like there is no way to stop it forever. I just want a rust free 60 to keep in the garage and drive on nice summer days! I hope that the pool of 60's does not dry up.

Zack

zack,
where in NJ are you? Im in Morristown.
hammer

I see 3 rust free 62's everyday. Mine, my brother in law and my father in laws. Besides those I see a few different 60's and 62's around town quite a bit that don't have any noticable rust.

I live in North Florida and own a rust free 60. What is the best preventative maintenance to keep it that way?

pretty much never seen a rusted 60-2 in WA......it rains......but it don't rust up here :D now drive a few hours north to BC.........whole different story.......they are all rusted out.

There are still a lot of 60s around here and none of them seem prone to rust. Mine is rust free and it lives outside most of the time.

Mine's rust free(nice for when I sell it next year. shamless plug) and there are a few other rust free units around this area. No road salt but pleanty of salt air and of course the beach.
:cool:

I've seen one rust free 60 around here. All others have minor to major rust. They're old enough to have been subjected to the salt that the City used to put on roads for ice control. Some guy has a rusty wheel welled specimen with over 200K up for sale at bargain price of $4500! Hah! My 62 would be rust free if it weren't for a PO's accident that caused battery acid to eat away a small hole in the right front fender.

In my garage, dripping gear oil on the floor.

Mine is rust free. But not exactly dent free.

There are only 3 I know of around here, and I've only seen one of them. Several rustbuckets, some claiming to be Carolina vehicles, have come and gone through the used lots in the past two years.

I thought mine only had three manageable rust spots (easy fixes). until my rocker panel was dented by a stump, the "dent" crumbled because of the internal rust. No rust bubbles, looked perfectly fine from the outside. I pulled all the black rubber stoppers from under the rocker panels and flushed out some sand from the inside. I would say ih8sand more than ih8mud.

For the people that have a lot of rust free 60's around, what kind of prices do you generally see them going for?

Zack

We have just the opposite here in Chicago. ALL of them have rust. If we see one without it, we get suspicious... :)

I would guess that Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, California would have the highest percentage of rust free 60s.

My 60 has the infamous roof rust under the rain gutter but I live about 2 blocks from the beach and it stays outside most of the time.

Bob
San Diego

My wiper arms are rusted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom