So, how do you get photos off your printer and into the forum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, dumbass question time. How do I transport pictures from my printer that I just scanned in to this website. As some of you know I have been tangling with my FJ62 for about a year and I have bounced some pretty wacky ideas off of you all. Originally, I wanted to maked wooden replacement panels using cedar and epoxy. Then it dawned on me that I could do a better job, with less effort, if I made a form out of foam,and wrapped fiberglass around it. Next I may get rhino liner sprayed around the body panels, as long as I cut away all the bad metal and treat it with the POR-15. All I really want to do is make sure that this truck gets a chance to wear out its drivetrain. I had a hell of a time tonight blasting through drifts and deep snow in my Cruiser, all of my passengers complemented my in the feeling of safety and security that the old girl was willing to offer. Anyways, I just want to get a couple of shots online so we can all start the ridicule process right away. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Scans\2006-02 (Feb)

Last edited:
You mean you scanned pictures into your computer? How are they on your printer? You have a place to put a memory card into your printer?

I really don't know how to get the scanned pictuers online. I tried cutting and pasting and that doesn't seem to work. I tried looking for a Jpeg but didn't have any sort of file that I recognized. I can locate the photos but can't seem to get them online. Thanks, for your help.

mattlock said:
I really don't know how to get the scanned pictuers online. I tried cutting and pasting and that doesn't seem to work. I tried looking for a Jpeg but didn't have any sort of file that I recognized. I can locate the photos but can't seem to get them online. Thanks, for your help.

first question:
what's the name of the file? more specifically, what's the file extension?

.jpg, .gif, .bmp, etc.

second question:
what's the location of the file?

third question:
what's the size of the file?

his location he posted at first it's C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Scans\2006-02 the file name remains elusive. I recommend you post the picture on www.photobucket.com (create an account) posting there is a sinch it will even resize the picture for you. Then instead of using the quick reply here use the advanced option where you can select to post an image (little yellow icon with mountains). It will allow you to paste in the address of your picture on photobucket. On photobucket each pic shows its address below. Hey if all else fails email it to me I will post for you...LOL

On your scanning software, right click on the image and look for 'Export', then look for 'as JPG' or something like that. You probably have some RAW or intermediate image format that the scanner uses, and you need to convert it to JPG format. Once you do that, you can then upload to Photobucket or attach to your append if you're using email method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom