So check this out!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.elwin-gill.com
Man oh man... I ran into a new Toyota today. I can not get over the fact that this thing was sitting on a lot for several months and no on e picked it up.

I was driving to work and this Cruiser crossed an intersection ahead of me so I caught up to it and had a chat with the owner. I picked it up on Tuesday, said that he had been test driving it for several months and finally decided to pick it up. $14K... for a 79 FJ40, the inside and out are in great condition. I will put a few pics here so you all can see. He is deploying for a few months TOMORROW, so he will not be able to make it on the 4th but said he looks forward to goin out when he returns.

Man... It is nice.

Elwin:beer::beer:
my new toy 21.jpg
my new toy 22.jpg
my new toy 23.jpg

Another Cruiser on base...

Didn't meet the owner, but I will keep a look out...

Enjoy.

Ps, check out the shift knob on the colum.... Is this stock?

:beer::beer:

Elwin
my new toy 25.jpg
my new toy 26.jpg
my new toy 28.jpg

More on base toy's

Here are are a couple more rides I found on base... again, I don't know who the owners are but I will keep an eye out.

We need more S.D. people....

Elwin:beer:
my new toy 31 fronts.jpg
my new toy 32 sides.jpg
my new toy 33 sides.jpg

Heres my old 40

I used to do the same thing with my old 40 and take pictures next to other 40's. Here is one i have at my desk to remind me of the good old days living in pacific beach 1999
FJ40.jpg

I used to do the same thing with my old 40 and take pictures next to other 40's. Here is one i have at my desk to remind me of the good old days living in pacific beach 1999

It is wierd to hear 1999 referd to as the old days... but man, that was 10 years ago... Time is a passin'

Elwin:beer:

Pretty sure that one belonged to an old buddy of mine from Chart House days by the name of Joe Perrone- Lost touch over the years but remember doing some damage out at TruckHaven long-long time ago...

Which one? the blue one was mine, I bought it in 98, and sold last year. The prior owner lived in escondido and was a glamis guy, I think he was part of sand times magazine. I miss good old PB some times. I lived down there for 12 years on and around crown point, good times. Never drove, rode the beach cruiser everywere, saw some great bands in the local bars over the years, Pearl Jam, Jewel, pennywise, common sence, sprung monkey, the rug burns, buck o nine, blink 182, Kottonmouth Kings. Damn I sound old.

I too miss PB- Lived at the corner of PB drive and Haines for way too long... BTW the yellow one is the one I was referring to. Looks like I've turned this into a chat about "The Good ol Days"

I used to live on the corner of promentory and PB drive one block away, near rockys on haines, on Pb drive and gresham, and spent a lot of time on toulan court at the board walk.

The picture is on gresham and pb drive.

I used to live on the corner of promentory and PB drive one block away, near rockys on haines, on Pb drive and gresham, and spent a lot of time on toulan court at the board walk.

The picture is on gresham and pb drive.:beer::cheers:

More 40's

Hey guys... I thought I would post a few more pics of 40's that I pass here and there... I don't know who owns this one buit it looks a lot like the first 40 I posted pics of, only this one is older and doesn't have the squared off light cover.

Elwin:beer::beer:
SNC00073.jpg
SNC00074.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom