So Cal TLCA: Calico, CA..pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Great time with the So Cal TLCA club in Calico, CA. Weather was nice, sunny with occasional clouds, a little on the chilly side, perfect wheeling conditions. We had 5 FJ 40s, 1 FZJ 80 (mine), 1 FJ55, 1 Toyota truck, 1 Chevy S10, 2 Sami's and two TJ's. Carnage was one axel (FJ 40). Overall we made it out relatively unscaved. However some of the vehicles are now sporting more clearance...:D . Enjoy the picts.

Last edited:
sweet, looks fun.

whose 80?

:beer:

What are the specs (mods) on your 80? Thanks.

ARB (front, snorkel & air lockers F&R), Slee 6 inch, Hanna sliders, 4x4 Labs rear, West Coast Diff's 4.88 gears, CV Unlimited chromo axcels, Warn 12k.

T,
Nice pics, you're running those 35's instead of the 37's.

Sam,

Would have liked to see some other 80's on the run, hope you, Ammo and Mike (clownmidget) can make the next run.

I have not had the time to make the 37's fit yet.

Tare

grt pics....I went to the 1st one last year....my 1st rally.

lota people didnt spect too much from a lexus.

Know of any events in that red rock cyn area by mojave??
lxed

lxed,

Not sure by what you mean by, "Know of any events in that red rock cyn area by mojave??" Could you be a little more specific on the area? I think you are refering to the Calico area but not sure.

Tare

Tare,

Thanks for posting those pics. It was great meeting you guys and thanks for some great ideas for my Lex (your 80 is a great role model). I can't wait to get into this more. Rich took me up to the first leg of the run after we got back and the Lex did great. I def. need some more clearance. Can't wait to take off the DS running board. I got to use the rear locker for the first time and WOW what a difference it makes. I can't wait to get into a situation where I get to use both. Thanks again for allowing a rook along. Hope to do another run in the near future.

Scott

My buddy Nick in the stock TJ spent the afternoon swinging a hammer on his front axel. Somewhere along the run his front axel got relocated about inch to the right. I think he bent his front arms and the track bar mount. I have a strange sound coming from my front-end; I believe it is my front drive shaft. Tomorrow I will investigate and find out what it is. Cannot speak for the rest of them, they are still out there, we only went for the day.

Newps said:
Sam,

Would have liked to see some other 80's on the run, hope you, Ammo and Mike (clownmidget) can make the next run.

I have not had the time to make the 37's fit yet.

Tare

So, what your sayin Tare is it's "all show no go".... As in the 4wd Show circuit that you trailer her around too, with the occasional trip up to the boo for some surf?

Just bustin ya, I was wondering how those bead locks were workin 4 ya.

-Matt

Matt:

I just armoralled the entire under-carriage today, she looks sweet dog! Cannot wait for the show season to start, Truckin’s Nationals here I come!

grt time 3days of colico little rain littel snow littel wind littel frost allgood tanx so cal tlca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom