So Cal Exposition Idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.phipsi.net
Driving the other Sunday I saw a group of Rovers rallying to a lunch point, displaying their rigs, street presence, and just hanging out and getting to know each other. Thought crossed my mind:

What say on a Sunday SO. Cal (any other location welcome) LC guys, gals, familys, dogs, etc. rally and end up at a popular spot on the map for lunch where we can display some LC pride? I love the trail, but young and enthusiastic, I also love showing everyday people what and LC can look like (think of it as a LC marketing strategy and imagine the wtf snorkel look you get times 50). Not to mention, not having to put in any wrench and wash time like a post trail event.

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the above....and if it looks like the support/desire is there I'll try and whip up an event for a Sunday Lunch and scenic drive within the next month or so.

-Sam-

good idea
we could move this around the greater LA area each time and make a weekend out of it...

We did this in AZ a couple of times, even towed an RTI ramp to the location and parked a couple of big trucks up on it, one guy brought a small TV/VCR combo and was playing videos off of his converter. We signed up a bunch of people for the club and TLCA...

Sounds like fun Sam!

Sounds pretty good, but Sam you also need to figure out time and place or Queens Mary in Long Beach more like it, near the ocean, fresh air and big grass.Or hey since this is involve the family, etc.. how bout each of us must bring food? BBQ grille, sodas....Enjoy talk and relaxing time on the weekends with other cruiser

Sounds like a great idea, my son would love to see other cruisers.

I was thinking something like starting out South somewhere off PCH, and drive through Malibu & Santa Monica ending up at "Mel's Diner" on Sunset Blvd. REal simple no shlepping of food although I love a good pot luck, and maybe have a director or 2 approach us while driving down the Sunset/Hollywood strip about putting us in a movie, lol. Mel's diner can fit about 40 cars, plus lots of parking around and it's a real social place to be at with quality food that's resonably priced.

-Sam-

Sounds fun - playing in the SM mountains anywhere? Had an RX7 back in the 80's when I lived up in that area so not a clue as to anything other than paved roads!

Count me in if you're meeting at Pinks :D

I might drive down for a meeting at Tommy's...

Mel's though? We have a few of those here up north...

Good idea though.

Count me in if you're meeting at Pinks

Ahhhhhh Pinks-Half my body weight consist of beer and pinks dogs :D

9hht10.jpg

HMMMM,
Pinks, didn't think of that, I haven't had one of those in a LONG time. One of my concerns in looking at a location is ample parting and accessability. I"m gonna look at Pinks and a Tommys, 2 great locations thanx for the mention.

-Sam-

Sam,
That sounds like a great idea. I would be up for meeting more of the local cruiserheads. Keep us posted on what comes about. Thanks

Steve

I'm in.....keep me posted.

cheers,
David

Hey, from NJ....

Let me know where and when, if we drive thru Malibu I may be able to get us on some top secret Malibu trails in the mountains over looking the ocean, great for lunch and camping. But its private property and I kinda know the owner through a "friend of a friend deal". I'll look into it when I get back into town next week.

-Matt

PKP80 said:
HMMMM,
Pinks, didn't think of that, I haven't had one of those in a LONG time. One of my concerns in looking at a location is ample parting and accessability. I"m gonna look at Pinks and a Tommys, 2 great locations thanx for the mention.

-Sam-
You SoCal guys are just taking Pink's a Tommy's for granted...how SHAMEFUL!

Me...I only get down that way once or twice a year -- I save up for Tommy's and Pink's. :D

Hey Doug, I have a Tommy's two blocks from my work. If you want I can Fed Ex you a burger or dog. :D

Biff said:
Hey Doug, I have a Tommy's two blocks from my work. If you want I can Fed Ex you a burger or dog. :D
Normally I'd take you up on that -- and I might in the future ;)

However, I'll be visiting a certain mouse this weekend, so I'll be able to get a quick fix in.

There's a local radio station that send one of their guys to LA on a United or SouthWest flight, had him buy a bunch of chilli cheese burgers, chilli, fries, etc. and flew it all back to Sacramento for some kind of promo give-away they were doing. As much as I like Tommy's...I had to pass on that.

I am all for this. Got my 7 year daughter into 80s cruisers and I know she would love to see the modified ones (since mine is still stock :frown: ). Lets get some dates and locations. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom