So, assuming they were available today... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Assuming the FJ Cruiser was available today, and assuming that it's essentially based on the 4Runner/120 series platform, what modifications are currently available?

I'm specifically thinking suspension, but isn't there a TRD supercharger as well?

Shipwreck said:
The tacoma / 4 Runner has a pretty strong aftermarket support. Yes the supercharger should be available for the FJ drive train. Solid axle swaps should be doable without too much effort. The most exciting thing however is that a Marlin crawl box is already waiting for it:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/tacomadual.html
Are you sure that stuff would work? On Marlin's site it talks about having things for the '95 and later Tacomas/4Runners. However, the 4Runner just got a upgrade a year or two ago with the V8 available (didn't see a V8 mentioned anywhere on that page, so I think that is old info). And the new Tacoma has a V6 still but it's larger (might not matter), but has a different tranny (6sp if you get the manual), which would undoubtedly be different than the previous 5sp as far as mating to it. I don't doubt things will be out, but don't think there is anything out right now for the '05 Tacoma, hopefully I'm wrong though...

There is no TRD supercharger for the 4.0 (2003+ 4runner, 2005 Taco), you guys are thinking of the 3.4L which is no longer in the lineup, it had a TRD s/c available.

Think go fast desert racing suspension stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom