Snowrun alert! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took 7 hours to get to my folks place in Maggie Valley normally takes about 3.5, once we hit the Saluda grade on I-26 the snow was coming down hard and fast . Saw lots of cars standed and sliding off the road. We were forced off I-26 at the Mountain Home exit by a flipped over 18 wheelerand subsequently spent the next 3 hours working our way through snow covered back roads over to Maggie Valley.

Ended up spending the the whole weekend at my folks cabin since the road up to it was pretty hairy under 10" of snow, sleet, and ice. I struggled to make it up Friday night and Brian was only able to make it about halfway. So we didn't get out and do any site seeing or wheeling as we were afraid we may not make it back up the road to the house. Instead we spent most of the day Saturday building an Igloo for Brian's son Conner as it was his first snow experience.

didn't take many pics but here are a few....
DSC_0544.jpg
DSC_0550.jpg
DSC_0561.jpg

No Joke...the company i work for closed our warehouses in VA and NJ. I would probably say between the two warehouses there is about 100-150 million in inventory and i cant sell product from them. :(

And our UC folks in NC. Doesn't look fun to you either.

www.skisugar.com

Summit: Current: 9.9°F • High: 15.6°F • Low: 1.0°F
Base: Current: 14.2°F • High: 20.1°F • Low: 7.0°F

Its cold but we got minimal amounts of the white stuff. Power is still on :)

We will be getting 6-12 of snow early sat morning. Good time to get out and get to play in the fub stuff.

Thoughts?:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I smell whee.

usa_None_anim.gif

clt_None_anim.gif

Looks like we are in for another dose of some white stuff today.

bring it on- I got my trees all laid down- alot of D batteries, 30 gallons of water, kerosene for the heater and a bunch of split wood. it will pretty much assure us of not losing power.

Looks like I may be the big winner down here in augusta with 3-6" and possibly as much as 8" in some spots....... It has been 8 years since there has been measurable snow here in Augusta and ironically that was the last time I was living down here. Now that I move back it decides it is time to snow again:grinpimp:

The best part is I will be pulling the engine on the 62 tomorrow...... wrenching in 6" of snow should be a blast :rolleyes:

If Gvegas gets the 3-4" of snow, where would be a good place to go play? Not sure of any trails near Anderson...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom