Snowball II (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, it's pretty much trail only so I'm looking at the convenience of my passengers, not in the ease of loading groceries from the curb. Plus with the big spare, I wanted it as close to the spindle as possible to help negate spindle issues since I want the spare centered behind the driver to limit visibility issues as much as is possible. @AMMO

A package arrived from Luke today so I was able to complete the rear bumper. I'm really liking how it all turned out and the kits were very simple to put together. In total, I have eighteen hours into welding, cutting, and painting and the finished product is awesome. @4x4labs.
So after one month of ownership, everything is near completion. I still need to add the marlin gears and the black box to complete the major items, but from here forward it's all miscellaneous things to make it work better on the trails.

1424999670882.jpg

1424999689285.jpg

1424999706433.jpg

1424999724782.jpg

Bad ass man... Good job Daryl, now you and Chad should plan a trip south this year...

Bad ass man... Good job Daryl, now you and Chad should plan a trip south this year...
I really want to run Fordyce, and I know a couple of club members are planning the Rubicon in June. Sadly, I'll be interning this summer along with a couple of classes so all my wheeling will have to be local.

Daryl,

How did you like wheeling the 80 on 40's?

Enough power?

Do the irocks measure true? My 37's were closer to 35.75.

-Matt

Been following this thread. Great build. You should up your mud skill and post some full size pics instead of these thumbnails...IMO

Welding and cutting = build thread.

I just get annoyed that your builds take longer for me to read than it takes you to complete the build.

Amazing work at the speed of light.

Welding and cutting = build thread.

I just get annoyed that your builds take longer for me to read than it takes you to complete the build.

Amazing work at the speed of light.
I'm typically very motivated and ambitious so end up busting my butt to get things finished (plus I give myself a time frame for completion so I don't look hillbilly with a car sitting in the yard). I guess after building the 40 the stuff on the 80 just seems so much less involved, hence the "bolt on" descriptive.

I picked up some steering links today. 1.25" w/ .3175 wall with custom jam nuts. Ricebuilt (look up Medusa if you're unfamiliar with that phrase).
I've ordered up the PSC assist kit so will get the steering box off in the next month or so to tap and rebuild it and the steering will be complete.

1425249345304.jpg

Where will you mount your ram?

I've ordered up the PSC assist kit so will get the steering box off in the next month or so to tap and rebuild it and the steering will be complete.

Hurray!

looking forward to seeing your setup. I kept stock knuckles, and with the 9" needed ram, only found one spot behind the axle I could make work pointed to the driver side.

looking forward to seeing your setup. I kept stock knuckles, and with the 9" needed ram, only found one spot behind the axle I could make work pointed to the driver side.
I ran assist on my last 80. Pics of the setup are somewhere in the 80 section and I'll just be doing the same this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom