Snow wheeling in MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went up into the Bridgers today and did some fun little trails. It never ceases to amaze me how damn well these things do in stock form. My buddies '89p/u doesn't do all that bad either... although he envies the cruiser and wishes he had one. I tell ya, doesn't get much better than going out on a thursday and showing up/kicking all the hunters asses in their chevy's, ford's, and dodges. Viva la' Toyota!

Last edited:
Bozeman is a nice area... What is snow? :rolleyes:

Hey man. Sweet pics. Lets go Saturday. Blaine gave me your number so ill call you tomorrow. I want to go down to jackson creek. We can hit a pretty good hill climb and some other trails around there.

We probably wont be able to make it up the hill climb with all the snow but we can winch up the last part.

-Tom

btw did blaine use his chains?

Last edited:
Can't wait to go, and it's going to snow more!! And no, Blaine didn't use his chains..........this time

I'm so jealous. I love those pics though.

I hope that snow will be coming to my area soon!!

:beer:

Yeah what is snow its been in the 80's here last week, finaly starting to get cool in the 60's. Yeah crazy just crazy weather!!

I would have killed to have had my LC when I lived in Bozeman after college in the early 90's, That place is incredible, like another planet. Unfortunately, at the time I had a 89 Nissan Sentra .. Although that car did go up mountain roads where no Sentra had gone before and you know it did a pretty good job :D

Today Zach went wheelin again. I took him on a trail off jackson creek and i brought my other friend in a large red dodge.

Its amazing how well stock land cruisers do. Zachs truck worked flawlessly. I beat on mine hard and got stuck many times. We also winched up this one hill for about and hour. Took forever.

I learned today that Mud Terrains suck in snow and ice. Thats why i bought chains but i never bothered to put them on.
11_12_05 028 (Small).jpg
11_12_05 029 (Small).jpg
11_12_05 030 (Small).jpg

A few more pics for today

Yeah that's right....the heavily modified dodge 1500 took 4 tries to get up the hill. My stock 1985 LC? one, and it was in 4-high too. hehe i love it. and here's a few more pics for ya tom!

Last edited:
Those definately look like some sick trails. How deep is the mud/water pit in the pic on the right?

:beer:

the pic on the right the mud was up over his fairlead. i went through the samearea. pretty nasty.

yeah zmontgomery deff went right up this hill climb that the dodge struggled with. it was laughable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom