snow wheelin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
going snow wheelin up to lakewood (mccaslin) on the 22nd.
just a day trip, bout 5 trucks so far..if your interested let me know,i will check the board a few times a day.
everyone is welcome, there will be at least 2 stock trucks along.
dan

just maybe....was shooting for a trip to Attica that weekend, but will depend a bit on weather.

Watch the weather there and make sure you call first....they have the trails posted closed as of Feb 15th until May 1, but may make an exception depending on temps.

i think i may go up, but there is a small rad leak (no biggie) but i drove it yesterday....let me tell you. not pretty at all. the brakes are of the double-pumper variety, and then they pull to a side (depends which side) also got manual steering and boy does it suck when you try to floor it out of a snow bank and all it does is backfire and die. so i prolly wont drive it again this winter anyways. [rant mode off]

brian, i wasn't aware of the feb.15th thing. Liepert the jeeper is the one that called me, i will talk to him this week and see what his input is. not going to attica now?
maybe we should go to philly or washington d. c. for some real snow runnin.
dan

Attica is still choice one, but travelling 300 miles each way with a fresh motor install might not be the smartest. Weather down there is the decision maker....

Not sure now strictly they enforce it, but they had that posted a couple years ago.

Liepert huh....hhhmmmm....be worth the trip just to see that bum....

I would be interested in a run also. I was not aware of the 15th thing either.

Probably would just be myself coming up there.

Anyone else hear a rumor about the owners of the campgound selling off everything and closing the trails?

Heard that last week, but not sure how reliable the source is. Later

Anyone else hear a rumor about the owners of the campgound selling off everything and closing the trails?

Heard that last week, but not sure how reliable the source is. Later

hear that rumor about as often as the one that the pipeline is closed....hasn't been true yet.

It would not surprise me if the owners were considering retiring, but the land behind their campground is owned by about 40+ people (40 acres chunks each) and their access is mainly thru the campground...they trade open access for 4wd use, from what I've heard.

Lakewood weather for the week is
M: 31/17, T: 31/11, W: 31/14, R: 36/24, F: 34/7

My fear is the warmer weather will soften the snow and make it a rutty mess back there...and the campground will close access to prevent damage.

Fortunately, Attica is looking to be in the 40's all week, 46 on Friday....looking better and better....

Holy crap 30's

That will be nice weather, will have to wear shorts.

Bosstool:
What kind of time frame are you looking at? and I assume on Saturday?

Boy I'm a dumbass, The 22nd is saturday. I must have cabin fever.

i will know more by wed. night or thur. morning. i'm trying to put this together with another guy. there's a foot plus in the woods up there, so the warm weather won't affect it to bad in the woods. i will talk with tim and see what he thinks, safest thing will be to call up there.
i'll get back to ya.
dan

okay, here's the deal...talked to mccaslin campground, they said cmon up.
the group is meeting at my place in CECIL at 7:30am sat.
bring your lunch. if you are interested i can give you directions to my place or if woody comes along you can meet him then we can hook up, he knows where i live.
dan

7:30am CECIL?!? Holy fawk man, too early in the mornin....lol

I'm still watching weather for Attica, but given they had planes skidding off the runways in Indianapolis yesterday, I'm not holding my breath.

That hottie wife of yers makin breakfast or do we gotta eat prior?

And we gotta make a dinner stop too.... :D

well, just check weather, and not only did Indianapolis have planes sliding off the runway yesterday due to snow, but they have snow predicted for Saturday...looks like that's a no go!

Lakewood, here I come! :D

BTW: for those not knowing where Dan's shack is, there is a gas station at the corner where hwy-117 T's into hwy-22...I'll make a swing thru there prior to stopping at Dan's and again after his beautiful wife has made us breakfast and we are ready to take off... :D

I have a guy coming to possibly buy my 2f from my 60 cruiser on saturday, but if it falls through, count me in. Possibly I can get him to come on sunday. Is there a time at the campground that everyone wants to meet? CECIL looks a little out of my way for getting there

Gonna wheel the campground or go over to the pipeline? Either is fine with me.

Gonna have to bring the extended cab though, cruiser is still down for the mid winter mods :D

hey brian, bring your own damn breakfast...i'll be eatin my wife ahhhhhh i mean eatin my breakfast before you get here.
prolly wheel the mtn. take a run at mission impossible??
brian, talked to tim Liepert the jeeper he said K BAK was ridin along to but no bronco ,it's broke.
see ya sat.7:30
dan

Ridderbush will ride shotgun with me, assuming my junk starts/runs/works after tonight....finishing the last bits of the TBI swap.

See ya at yer shack fer leftovers :flipoff2:

the piece started/ran last night...all systems go at this point....just need to finish bolting up some stuff tonight and take 'er for a test drive. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Leaving in about 1 hr to go and work on my junk... :D

Gotta replace the pressure pwr steering hose and remove the snowplow, clean it out and check everything over....

Anyone got any ideas of a time everyone is meeting at the campground?

I am gonna have my 89 extended cab (camo'd) and my brother inlaw is bringing his jem.... 88 extend cab (camo'd)

Should be a good day... :D

hhhmm...two fullsizes to drag around...heh heh heh heh

figger leaving the campground at 9am, but these things are never exactly on time. If anyone can see yer camo trucks at all, they'll be sure to wait...lol

Normally ride until 4p, out before too dusk that way, loaded and dinner-bound. Plus there is usually breakage (we run 20%-50% on these rides) and getting busted junk out of the woods takes work/time in 12-24" of fluff.

think the gang will make it more than 1 mile in like a couple years ago?!? (6 trucks, 3 broke, less than 1 mile roundtrip, 8 hours....) :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom