Snow Plow for FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A guy by the name of dukes has one.

He had it on the front of a 45 and the guy who bought the 45 did not want the plow. They traded other stuff for it acording to the thread.

He is in idaho or wyoming or in that neighborhood.

His mud name is wdukes and he pretty much hangs out in the 45 section.

Last edited:
I have one on the front of my 1977 55....

ShopKam9-1.jpg

few suggestions

Ebay

the wanted section of this site

Wanted ads of local newspaper

A land Cruiser vendor in an area that gets snow?

Google

Pablo Cruise is right. If you are going to plow your own driveway that's one thing, if you have a list of customers go get an S -10 Blazer and beat the crap out of it. I have a landscape Co. and it's so nice to back into a rock wall with a piece of s__t instead of a new F-450. All you want to do is get the snow out of the way. There is nothing like a beater car!

To correctly mount the sub frame you need a good welder who has experience with plow frames. The forces should be transmitted to the end of the frame so that the length of the frame absorbs the shock. The frame on a 40 is simply too high off the ground. A good welder can fabricate a frame with bracing but it will cost a lot of money and probably not look very good.

I recommend Meyer brand for that application. Electric/hydraulic. Fisher is just as good quality but sometimes a little too heavy. Western is third on my list just because here they are not as popular and parts are a problem. ( in this area )

Ford ranger, S=10 Blazer, small Dodge frames can be adapted.

Last edited:
been plowing with my 70 40 for over 30 years use it to level gravel top soil and snow havnt tore up anything yet. only had 2 clutches in it and its my dd also use the plow hoist to haul axles engines and move other small cars around wheeling and rock crawling are probably harder on it than plowing good luck

I need a beater cause I am "backing challenged". Rock walls and trees jump out at me when I back up. Backing up is 50% of plowing.:crybaby:

I have a Meyer " Fj40" setup that I dont really use.

I plowed a little mexican cafe a few times with for "trade" ,, got screwed on that deal. : )

The plow has been in mothballs for 3 years now.

It's OEM for a FJ40 with power angle ..and lights etc.
It fits right between the frame rails and use factory holes for the bumper supports to mount it .
there are heavy steel bars that attache to the pin pivot point on the plow and back to the frame near the rear of the front spring into the frame.. bolt on for a 40
It's no hack job.. factory fit ..
anyway thinkin about sellin it

Bennett

Last edited:
i would start with a shop selling plows and frames that may do custom work. the one on mine was hung on the frame behind the springs with sliders to balance it ON the springs. didnt look to sturdy to me and i have it off the truck now, will hang it differently if i decide i need it at camp. right now the neighbor plows the camp out and i buy him a couple cases of beer thru the winter and drop some off during the summer. seems better than beating the truck up plowing, there is better ways to beat the truck up. if someone does it for you, ask how its going to be mounted, sliding on the springs for support just looks wrong

My dad uses a 73 40 for plowing. It works great. Perfect plow rig IMO. pwr steering is a necessity though. You will want the frame for the plow to be well attached to the frame, not just the front frame horns. Just like if you were putting a good quality trailer hitch on the back. Any welding shop should be able to set you up.

Also, the three speed is perfect for plowing. The gear pattern is forward and directly back. Very simple, and you don't have to think much while your doing it which is good because you'll also be running the plow controls and trying not to hit anything. Also the angle the A-frame of the plow sits at should be up at a slight angle so the more snow you push it tries to lift your cruiser. this way if the snow gets too deep to push you can lift a little and determine the weight on the front end and you won't start skipping and leaving stuff behind.

I had a snow removal business, so if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask. Short wheel base vehicles are the s***. I think a 40 may be better than a 45, but either would be better than a crew cab that's like turning a bus around. You can do tricky lots much faster than a full size landscapers truck. I made much more per hr than I could have in a full size vehicle.

Also, I'll post up some pics of our home built wings. You will want wings if your doing anything other than driveways. And you'll want them to be spring loaded seperate from the blade tilt. I don't have any pics, but I can get some in a couple days. They are simple to build and will cut your time in half.

good luck.

i would start with a shop selling plows and frames that may do custom work. the one on mine was hung on the frame behind the springs with sliders to balance it ON the springs. didnt look to sturdy to me and i have it off the truck now, will hang it differently if i decide i need it at camp. right now the neighbor plows the camp out and i buy him a couple cases of beer thru the winter and drop some off during the summer. seems better than beating the truck up plowing, there is better ways to beat the truck up. if someone does it for you, ask how its going to be mounted, sliding on the springs for support just looks wrong

This sounds like a stock Fisher plow setup designed for the Cruiser. I've picked up two of those setups over the years. Actually worked pretty well I thought. Most of the weight of the plow ends up on the axle and not on the frame of the Cruiser from my experience.

I plowed with my 40 for a year in NJ. Did an uncle's driveway and one or two others. The 40 was definitely nicer to manuver than the uncle's XtraCab minitruck. One of the customers thought my 40 did a nicer job too but I think that was 'cause of the new cutting edge I put on the blade.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom