Snorkel Whistle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Safari Snorkel whistles at any speed and is very irritating. I determined that the intake grill is the culprit. I tried turning the intake 20 degrees to each side without success. I want to keep the grill mainly to keep punk kids from tossing trash down the intake. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any suggestions?

I did email ARB requesting if there is an improved grill or intake design available...they said no.

Thanks. Doug

Donaldson makes a cyclonic pre-filter that takes the place of the inlet. Some call it a UFO. It should be much quieter and has the added benefit of prolonging filter change intervals.
I find I can't hear mine over the radio. But when I turn it off, it's very noticable. But I kinda like it.

Turn it backwards...

Donaldson makes a cyclonic pre-filter that takes the place of the inlet. Some call it a UFO. It should be much quieter and has the added benefit of prolonging filter change intervals.
I find I can't hear mine over the radio. But when I turn it off, it's very noticable. But I kinda like it.

Got a pic or link? I'm interested.

no whistle from the intake...

Only time I ever heard a whistle was after I removed the stock resonator at the end of the exhaust.

Maybe you have an exhaust leak?

my wifes' rig whistles and it's stock. Mine doesn't.

You sure it's not the window seals? Maybe the snorkle is now pushing air at it differently and your window seal is bad. Maybe try cracking the window down more.

Wondering if the snorkel is not mounted tight against the A piller and you are hearing noise from air between the snorkel and the truck body.

Just a thought

Wondering if the snorkel is not mounted tight against the A piller and you are hearing noise from air between the snorkel and the truck body.

Just a thought

It's my old truck. There's a small gap (1/4") between the A-pillar and snork body, but it's the same size on every other 80 snork I've seen. And the upright is held on by nutserts rather than the crap plastic inserts ARB sends you, so if anything it's tighter.

I never noticed a whistle from the snorkel, maybe it's the SC sucking in air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom