Snorkel installation stuff? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tauranga New Zealand via Vancouver Island Canada
Anyone who installed a snorkel (Safari) keep the template for mounting and instructions? I'm thinking of bidding on the eBay one, but it comes with nada in terms of hardware...I'll also have to fab a block-off plate and ducting to the airbox itself...still, I might get it cheap.

Well, seeing as how I now know you are bidding, I won't bid again. Merry Xmas. LOL

I installed mine recently, and I think I kept the template. There are a few things in terms of hardware that you require: the studs and bolts that go into snorkel and fender, the connection to your air cleaner, the bracket that attaches the snorkel to your windshield pillar, and the 3 expanding inlets that hold said bracket to the pillar. I assume everything can be fabricated, with some skills.
Maybe you are lucky and the studs are still in the snokel, that would help.
Let me know, I can take detailed pics of all the parts. Personally I would find it complicated to make the adapter to the air cleaner box...
I bought my snorkel here http://www.4wheelsupply.com/cat.cgi?s=SS73HF
for 288$, which is a great price, and you get it shipped directly from AUS.
cheers,
Jan

I burned my original template by accident thinking that the ridiculous piece of cardboard was only part of the packaging. :doh:

ARB USA was quite good at sending me a new one. I do still have that in my file of Cruiser stuff.

yes, an original safari snorkel. follow the link, and the complete description is there. somehow they only do the deal, and the package comes dirctly form australia, within a week. i don't remember shipping, but it was very reasonable, around 20$.
hope that helps,
Jan

oh, and the 73 is the correct one for the BJ70, fits just fine, except that you will have to locate the front marker light a bit further forward, if you have one.
j

Island Moose said:
Moot point, some dumb bastard paid $183.00 for that eBay snorkel, without any hardware or airbox connections...my limit was $130

He's probably one of us.

Try Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters for a Safari.

wesintl said:
He's probably one of us.

Try Kurt @ Cruiser Outfitters for a Safari.

Thanks... ;) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom