Snokel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been shoping around for a snorkel, what kind of gear will I need to mount it on my stock carb and who would have a full kit? Thanks. benw4x4

Most aftermarket snorkles I've seen mount on the passenger side. US spec FJ-60's have the air intake on the drivers side of the engine. I've heard of people doing one of the follwoing: (a) route fexible hose from the stock air intake, across the engine to the snorkle, (b) purchase a non-US air cleaner that mounts on the passenger side (from MAF, or some other place), (c) relocate the air intake on on the stock air cleaner to the other side. I'm not aware of anyone selling a complete kit to do any of these, although MAF may have everything you need for option (b). I'm in California and want to keep the stock appearance for smog inspection. I purchased another air cleaner assembly from Ebay and (someday) plan on adding an air intake to the passenger side and blocking off the stock air intake.

Oh yeah, forgot option (d) as recently seen on MTV. The "Pimp my ride" FJ-40 included a snorkle install. They installed the snorkle but didn't bother to hook it up to the carburetor. It's all about appearances anyway, isn't it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom