Sniper/stock charcoal canister. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
utilizing the stock 12v valve to control purge, what port do I take the charcoal canister to on the Holley Sniper?
what exactly triggers the valve?

I understand that most are T'ing it into the vac advance that doesn't pull vac at the Sniper at idle anyway.

I understand that most are T'ing it into the vac advance that doesn't pull vac at the Sniper at idle anyway.
Looking at the three ports, the upper right?

And I guess I’m asking what triggers the stock purge valve to operate, because, I’m thinking it won’t matter if it’s hooked to large center port, if it’s not operating until say, 1500 rpm or something. It seems like you just don’t want it operating at idle, but, I’m clueless as to how the valve works.

I ran mine to weak vacuum on the air cleaner. No purge valve, no problems yet with fumes or tank pressure. You still want to vent PCV to vacuum as well. The Sniper doesn't have a float bowl, so no worries about gas fumes in your distributor cap.

That big 12V vapor solenoid on the stock charcoal canister (Outer Vent Control Valve)i is only used to vent the carburetor float bowl. When the ignition is ON, the valve is closed, when key is OFF, it opens and let's vapors from the bowl waft down to the charcoal canister.
It wouldn't be needed with a fuel injected engine.

That big 12V vapor solenoid on the stock charcoal canister (Outer Vent Control Valve)i is only used to vent the carburetor float bowl. When the ignition is ON, the valve is closed, when key is OFF, it opens and let's vapors from the bowl waft down to the charcoal canister.
It wouldn't be needed with a fuel injected engine.
Thanks! I just made a custom mount and everything for the little turd. i tested for a click but didn’t think to test no/nc .

I ran mine to weak vacuum on the air cleaner. No purge valve, no problems yet with fumes or tank pressure. You still want to vent PCV to vacuum as well. The Sniper doesn't have a float bowl, so no worries about gas fumes in your distributor cap.
That’s how mine was but I’m disposing of all that and went with a turbo carb cap. No ports. i wanted to avoid drilling and tapping it, but **** it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom