Sniper "issue" question..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Idles low when cold. Idles high when warmed up.... Thoughts?

Coolant temp sensor...either sensor is out of range or some setting is wrong? that would be my first go to....assuming all your vacuum and mechanical engine bits are already in good shape and baselined.

I don’t know what the sniper uses for a temp sensor but there are two kinds. NTC is negative temperature coefficient or PTC positive temperature coefficient. NTCs decrease in resistance as the temperature goes up and PTCs increase in resistance as the temp increases.

so if an NTC were used when it should be a ptc or vice versa you could have strange problems.

Also make sure any and all of your grounds are good and your battery and charging is where it should be. A low voltage condition can cause all sorts of problems.

Also make sure any and all of your grounds are good and your battery and charging is where it should be. A low voltage condition can cause all sorts of problems.
pretty sure its smthn I changed in the tuning...but cant remember what I did :rofl: :rofl::rofl: pretty much why I never touch anything lol

I would re-run the Wizard. The Sniper can learn bad habits. Set idle to 750. I'd also source a OEM breather with cold air induction hose.

I would re-run the Wizard. The Sniper can learn bad habits. Set idle to 750. I'd also source a OEM breather with cold air induction hose.
PCV breather?

Could be, but I was referring to the air filter canister. LC's came with well thought out "breathers", the original is better than most.
That?

Screenshot_20200208-051254~2.png

@FJ60Cam Do you still sell the adapters?

Yup. 😊

All that heated air rising off your header has less density then the thin but cool air at your altitude. Besides the exhaust heat, you are drawing in warmed air from the radiator. At high altitude, it's difficult enough to get enough air for ideal combustion. Your current filter flows great, but the stock breather ducts in denser cool air that provides more oxygen to the combustion chambers.

This may not be the problem at hand, but it contributes.

Yup. 😊

All that heated air rising off your header has less density then the thin but cool air at your altitude. Besides the exhaust heat, you are drawing in warmed air from the radiator. At high altitude, it's difficult enough to get enough air for ideal combustion. Your current filter flows great, but the stock breather ducts in denser cool air that provides more oxygen to the combustion chambers.

This may not be the problem at hand, but it contributes.
DO you have a pic of your set up? Did you use FJ60cams adapter?

Crazy thought but have you considered tuning it beyond the startup wizard

Crazy thought but have you considered tuning it beyond the startup wizard
It was running jus fine...then i changed a setting and poooof...now its not. And obv i cant remember where it wss set... a kinda wanna put back the OEM Breather/filter anyway....I think it looks better

What I've found is the timing setting on the sniper can reek havoc on Idle. Also make sure the Idle you set on the sniper is adjusted properly on the unit.
It takes a good bit of fiddling with to get everything happy. Every 2F is different.
:beer: ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom