Sniper 2F Cooling Fan - Wired? or Not?

A

allesad

I am going down the Sniper EFI road and so far, so good. :)

The forum posts across all models have been super helpful.
Will probably created a "lessons learned" post when I am done. Lot;s of TLC specific issues (Vacuum - Fuel - Mechanical - Electric) + Operational / Tuning. More to come.

QUESTION: Has anyone connected the fender mounted cooling fan to Sniper? Or just leave as is?
If you wired it to the the Sniper EFI, can you share how. (relay? 7 pin or 10 pin wire harness)?

THX

GA Architect

GA Architect

SILVER Star
FWIW, years ago I installed a carb fan in my '77 high altitude non-carb fan FJ40. I did the best I could with replicating the entire wiring system using current components, a 20 minute timer (after shut down), thermo switch at the exhaust manifold and a OEM carb fan. It worked like a charm for years, until............Until I installed the Sniper. Along with the Sniper installation, being it is an EFI, I removed the carb fan. Almost 2 years and I'm very, very pleased with the Sniper. Oh, I had to remove the windshield washer bottle to install the carb fan, so I reinstalled a new one with the Sniper work.

Oregon LC

Oregon LC

SILVER Star
The purpose of the carb fan is to help reduce vapor lock in the carb. Vapor lock is not an issue with modern fuel injection systems.

Going with this idea one could likely ditch the carb insulator too?