Sniper 2300 or 2GC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shark56

SILVER Star
Threads
Question for the Sniper experts.
What is the difference between the Holley Sniper 2300 series and the 2GC Large Bore other that the adapter. (For a Landcruiser)
Is one better than the other?
I recently helped a friend put a 2300 on his 40. Kit he got from Mosley. He loves it. Easy enough install. I'm gonna do one on one of mine, 74 with a 75 2F. Which one would be the better choice?
I have an old Downey Holley adapter as well as a couple of the old Man-A-Fre Rochester adapters. So I'm covered eitherway. Just wondering if there is an advantage in either?

The 2GC I installed was the small bore, and it was on a 64 single barrel intake.

I just picked up a 2GC large bore and still need to do a trial fitting on my 77 with a 2F.

I will throw up a new thread with the results as soon as I get a chance.

As far as I know, the various 2 barrel snipers are all pretty close in tech. Just designed to fit different applications. The 2300 is the most popular and supported of them all. Especially in the landcruiser community.

I keep trying different models to satisfy my own curiosity and find a version that requires the least amount of adapters and keeps the cost down. My belief is the 2GC LB will be as close to a bolt on as there is. But, I won’t know until I try. With that said, if you want a tried and true setup, go for the 2300.

@thecrazygreek installed a 2gc and didn’t like the location of the fuel inlet/outlets.

That is the kind of info I'm curious about.

2300. It’s all documented. Don’t reinvent the wheel

Your threads with a few others is what we used on my friends install.

Thanks for the feed back. I am planning on the 2300 but saw where @thecrazygreek was experimenting with the 2GC. That kind of experimenting is how we get most of these "upgrades".

Curious. sniper EFI novice here... just picked up a Holley 2300 for Christmas

1. wondering what you guys do with extra 8 and 10 pin /plug extra wires setup ?

2. The white wire out of the 10 pins .. instructions say ( see ignition)

We will be running a 2F with no tach, ac or accessories

Curious. sniper EFI novice here... just picked up a Holley 2300 for Christmas

1. wondering what you guys do with extra 8 and 10 pin /plug extra wires setup ?

2. The white wire out of the 10 pins .. instructions say ( see ignition)

We will be running a 2F with no tach, ac or accessories
1. I removed un-used wires and inserted plugs. Got the kit “HERE”
2. The white wire on the 10 pin is for CD ignition. Doesn’t get used with coil type ignition or DUI
If you don’t already have the PDF install manual you can download it
“HERE”

Thanks Steamer.. tried to PM you but no go so...
"thanks for the info on the sniper 10 pin removal solution..

did you remove the violet and dark green wire from the 7 pin on the sniper as well to clean things up... we are not going cdi

after an hour online with Summit they told me to zippy tie them out of sight. i'm 69 yrs old and dont take short cuts anymore..lol
going to down load and print the Holley manual today...

we are going to go in tank fuel pump from mosely... well see see how that goes..

really appreciate the help

No, the 2300 is a Holley 2bbl carb clone. It requires clunky adapters top & bottom to fit the Cruiser air cleaner & manifold.
The 2GC is much closer to the stock carb in size.

Dude! Have you all seen thecrazygreek 3D printed base for the 2GC large bore this thing is it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom