Snagged A Clean 97 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Snagged a clean 97 3rd Gen yesterday. Pretty surprised at how clean everything is, needs a couple items for it but I got it for a crazy low price for having 121k on it. More pics to follow… but look at the bay
16E2B27C-B408-4EBE-8283-3B93406A08AE.jpeg

Snagged a clean 97 3rd Gen yesterday. Pretty surprised at how clean everything is, needs a couple items for it but I got it for a crazy low price for having 121k on it. More pics to follow… but look at the bayView attachment 2740803
What's a good price? I picked up an original owner 210k mile 4runner that's been sitting for about 5 years

What's a good price? I picked up an original owner 210k mile 4runner that's been sitting for about 5 years
There are many variables that go into a good price on any vehicle but with older Toyota’s, the biggest is maintenance and records of it. If you are asking if you paid a good price, I would need to know about what you specifically bought. If you are asking what price I paid, I’ll never tell, but I will say too good to turn down.

There are many variables that go into a good price on any vehicle but with older Toyota’s, the biggest is maintenance and records of it. If you are asking if you paid a good price, I would need to know about what you specifically bought. If you are asking what price I paid, I’ll never tell, but I will say too good to turn down.
LMFAO, I'm in a bit of a pickle. So I "got" the car from my neighbor, as stated before he purchased it from Hudson Toyota (NY). His story and Carfax shows this car has see dealership service it's whole life! And as stated before , since 2016 it's been used sparing like and definitely since 2018 it's sat in a driveway. So MY dilemma is that he's been talking to me about this truck, offering it to me (as he sees me always working and tinkering on thinks) and Everytime I ask how much he just waves me off. So I finally took posesión of it this weekend, we cleaned it up , popped in a new battery and drove it home (it's been register and insured this whole time he just hasn't driven it ) so now when I got serious and asked how much he says honestly what ever you want to give me for the truck is fine by me, it's been sitting for so long as hasn't bother me, if you just take it and use it it won't bother me either . I don't and will not just take it, but I want to be fair and give him something . It sags (very little in the rear, most do) so suspension upgrade would be nice. Needs breaks and tires, AC doesn't work. Timing belt was done but it's been some time again (not much miles put on since but definitely time has passed since ) it's a bit scaley underneath but surface really (again east cost truck). It's bone stock and never been off roaded, and it's a Limited. Well that's my story and my dilemma

If it has a sagging rear end I would inspect the frame. A lot of times a sagging rear end can be caused by the frame rot that is common on these. If that’s not the case, it’s hard to say a price. Some are listed in great condition with no rust for upwards of $12k though dealers, you see the same condition models going for half that in some cases. You say as stated many times in your post but never stated much about it aside from miles and how long it sat. It sounds like this guy doesn’t care much about a price and if all factors are in it for you to keep and drive, use KBB to get a price for yourself and pay the guy. If that doesn’t go far, search Facebook Marketplace to see if you can find a comparable model and price off of that.

I’m not trying to be rude here either man, the market is just all over on quality Toyota’s. A little bit of scale is totally manageable too. I am in Michigan so I know scale, well unfortunately.

@anydawg1 - If the rear end sag isn't due to frame issues, it sounds like a $2500-3000 truck to me. Brakes and tires are big $$ (brakes you can do yourself) and it likely needs struts, too. Timing belt is $900 at a shop - $300 if you do it. A/C can be a cheap DIY or big $$ at a shop.

@anydawg1 - If the rear end sag isn't due to frame issues, it sounds like a $2500-3000 truck to me. Brakes and tires are big $$ (brakes you can do yourself) and it likely needs struts, too. Timing belt is $900 at a shop - $300 if you do it. A/C can be a cheap DIY or big $$ at a shop.
I retract my sagging statement. I'll take measurements from center hub but I guess that was me just trying to find something wrong 😅 (Just measured , 21 inches front and back) I was way off

Ok so if I'm being honest, and I'm and open book so, I gave him 1,000 now and I plan on putting about 500 to 1000 into (hopefully on the low end) and then in 6 months (around Christmas time) I'll had him another envelope with some more money, for the holiday. I mean that's what'll make me feel good. And again the interior is spotless, except for the driver's seat (heated )

PXL_20210803_231337945.MP.jpg

PXL_20210803_231350126~2.jpg

PXL_20210803_231400268.jpg

Last edited:
I retract my sagging statement. I'll take measurements from center hub but I guess that was me just trying to find something wrong 😅 (Just measured , 21 inches front and back) I was way off

Ok so if I'm being honest, and I'm and open book so, I gave him 1,000 now and I plan on putting about 500 to 1000 into (hopefully on the low end) and then in 6 months (around Christmas time) I'll had him another envelope with some more money, for the holiday. I mean that's what'll make me feel good. And again the interior is spotless, except for the driver's seat (heated )

View attachment 2751822

View attachment 2751823

View attachment 2751828
Damn she is pretty clean, am I just seeing things or does the rear quarter have a clear coat issue? It looks like is just in the photo but I can’t tell.

Damn she is pretty clean, am I just seeing things or does the rear quarter have a clear coat issue? It looks like is just in the photo but I can’t tell.
Yes that spot was exposed to the side of the house were sun hit it. Also the front fender has a little bit of clear coat issue as well. Again thank god nothing major that a few bucks can’t take care of

$1000?!

hows the frame? they rust from the inside out and can be an issue on otherwise clean looking trucks.

2wd?

rear spacers are cheap and will jack up the rear a bit.
1000 for starters... My neighbor really made it hard on me for me to even give him money so like I said I want to give him some more at a later date.

PXL_20210806_212407043.jpg

PXL_20210806_212619394.jpg

PXL_20210806_212727879.jpg

PXL_20210804_003007657.jpg

PXL_20210804_003002866.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom