Smokey the Cruiser Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all. I thought I'd start a build thread to catalog my activity past and future as I build what I feel to the ideal rig to suit my needs aside from reasonable fuel economy. The name comes from my license plate.

The vision for this vehicle is to support my day to day activities, weekend warrior missions to the mountains with friends for mountain biking, snowboarding, climbing, and to serve as a mobile headquarters for extended trips to the American west for the same activities we do on the weekends.

Taking it from the top:

I liked the looks and capability of the 100 series and have wanted one for a long time. I looked for one for a while but ended my search when I picked up a clean 2014 Tacoma from TX. I liked the Tacoma quite a bit but ultimately decided it was not refined enough and the interior just felt too cheap for long term liveability - I'm spoiled coming from European cars as dailys for many years.

Enter the 100 series. I sold my Tacoma and found this 99 in river rock mica, FILTHY, with the factory diff lock, 220k on the clock, and a thorough history of neglected maintenance. Lovely. It spent '99 through '18 in CO and was very clean, so I pulled the trigger.

Day 1:
IMG_0030.JPG

I've been quite busy with the cruiser since.

Maintenance items completed so far:
-F and R driveshafts replaced with OEM
-CV axles replaced with quality OEM remans from CVJ
-Timing belt, water pump, acc fan, and housing replaced with Aisin parts
-OEM thermostat at the same time as timing belt
-All new OEM shocks
-OEM sway bar links and bushings
-OEM Heater Tees
-Serpentine Belt
-Spark Plugs
-Front Brake pads
-Engine & Trans Mounts
-F/R diff and transfer case fluids
-Tailgate struts
-Replace cracked L outer tail light
-Replace a few ignition coils with Denso units
-A host of other little items

Fun items to date:
- 285/75/26 BFG K02s
- OME 865 & T bar crank
-Airlift 1000 bags - for adaptability
-Ironman 4x4 bull bar
-LightForce Blitz 240mm driving lights

Some photos purchase to present:
IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

A362045F-AA2C-4646-BDFE-332627A35C8F.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

I plan to continue to build but wanted to document what has gone down so far. I'll follow up with some more detailed posts on some of the work above^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom