Smokeless fire pits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Solo Stove in action packed full of seasoned mountain oak on this Christmas Day.

First, your ring is on upside down...

Also fired up my solo stove yesterday (Xmas eve) and was much impressed. No action shots as I’m on my iPad atm. Like others have mentioned, no heat below the knees but it was only in the low 40’s here but plenty of heat given off from the knee up. Was a hit with the kids for making s’mores but I did burn the first marshmallow as it really puts out a lot of heat. Started with 3 pieces of wood and added a forth an hr into it. Total burn was about 1.5 hrs so it does go through wood fairly quickly. But even without a roaring fire, it was hot. Plus, being made of stainless and being reflective made it look so cool at night one can’t help but to admire the fire.

Forgot to mention, my clothes did not smell of campfire the next day.

This one looks interesting too.
https://www.amazon.com/HY-C-FG-16-Smoke-Free-Spark-Free-Hassle-Free/dp/B00O40ER0G/ref=pd_ybh_a_22
FlameGenie.jpg

That has a few of these (from the OP) burning at a ski resort this weekend. They were perfectly smokeless, but they worked pretty darn well.

If there is a fire restriction you are still allowed to use these devices and have a fire going?

I have the Solo Stove Bonfire Pit. I’ve had it for over a year. I live in the city on a wooded lot and bought it because I didn’t want a fire pit that produced a lot of sparks. Plus, in the city limits I am only allowed to have cooking fires. I’ve been really impressed with this little pit. Fires start really easily. I can put in some sub-par wood and it all just burns. It also burns down to minimal ash, as advertised. Mine came in a pretty nice carrying case, so I can toss it in the back of my rig for camping/tailgating, etc... I would say, it is a little different in that if you are sitting in chairs around the fire you don’t see the wood and coals, so it does change the viewing experience a bit too. I think it still kicks out a reasonable amount of heat. I would buy it again (on sale).

I also have had a Solo Stove Bonfire for close to 3 years. I have "sold" close to a dozen to friends who have sat by mine over the years in my backyard. They all scoffed at the price until they sat by it for a night or borrowed it from me. I have taken it on trips, but it is a bit large. They recently launched the even larger Yukon and the smaller Ranger. I'm going to pick up a Ranger this summer/fall so I can leave the Bonfire set up at home and take the Ranger on trips.

I almost got one of these a couple months ago after seeing on Amazon lightening deal. I started reading the reviews and a lot of people said the metal is thin and rusts easily, so I passed. I did eye ball for a while after an noticed the price fluctuates a lot on Amazon. If you want one of these I recommend setting an alarm on Honey to get best the best price.

I'm interested in one of these Solostove Bonfire pits also. Been eyeing one for a while. Curious if this would cause any issues setting it on a concrete driveway? I live in town, but like to have little neighborhood get together/ "campfires" out on the driveway in the summertime. On their website they have a deal going on right now for blackfriday. Buy the Solostove Bonfire, get a free Solostove Campfire (smaller version) for free. And free shipping. Was thinking about getting one.
Not sure about this one but my kids make fires all the time in the driveway and have singed/burned the asphalt. What I did is got nine 1’x1’ concrete pavers. I put them 3x3 on the driveway and problem solved. So what I’m saying is put this on a layer of pavers and probably wouldn’t have an issue.

Been meaning to find this thread again.

After reading about the solo pits here last year, I told my buddy about it, he bought the biggest one for his place in the country where we have our annual Christmas get togethers. I have to say that Solo burner is really impressive, we had that thing blazing with very little smoke output. Pretty cool to watch the smoke ignite into useful flames when it hits the upper vents. It was chilly night, I thought there was a decent amount of heat coming off of it, nothing quite like an open fire, but not bad.

I want to get a smaller one for my pool patio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom