Smoke and closures from Venado fire? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone been to the Jemez in the past couple of days? How is the smoke from the Venado fire? Some coworkers and I were thinking about camping off 376, just south of 126. What I can find says the road is accessible from the north end, that it's just closed from Gilman to Porter Bridge. But I don't want to go camping if the smoke is bad, even if the fire is 10 miles away.

SFNF – Venado Fire Update

@Manona

Just drove down hwy 550 from Cuba. Hard south wind is blowing smoke into Cuba area. Heavy smoke covering the Jemez from the source to north of Cuba. I think campimg north of this fire would not be good, unless the wind direction changes. Camping east of this area might be OK.

I think there might be a total of 3 lightening started fires in the Jemez right now, as of last night. Might be a great idea unless that changes before you go.

Just had a flash flood in our area, hwy 528 and hwy550 8:10 pm.
It came from the Jemez mts to the NW. Pouring rain , but the smoke from the fires was mixed in and we got a strong smoke smell with the rain. Very strange. Flooding roads out here. Hope it dumped on the fire areas, also.

I was smelling the smoke last night near Paseo and Jefferson and then again at the Trader Joe's on east Paseo.

I could smell it strong last night too. Just a little this morning.

I had the pleasure of being at san ysidro early sunday morning... i might have well been in the fire based on smoke... sigh.

Sorry I missed this thread; lots of major issues going on with the parents and their health all of sudden and at once. Did you head up?

Sorry I missed this thread; lots of major issues going on with the parents and their health all of sudden and at once. Did you head up?

No need to be sorry, no problem at all, totally understood! It'll be nice to get up there once the monsoons quit and it dries out a little

The organizer of this got enough information about the conditions and moved the trip to the Pecos. I couldn't go because my 16 y.o. son just got his first job and was scheduled to work Fri and Sat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom