smog pump replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my smog pump is now making bearing noise and the belt squeals when the truck sits for over 5 hours, but then goes away after warm up. I am thinking the bearings warm up and then run fine. I just bought another pump that i want to take with me to CMCC just incase the other one s***s out on me.

Would i be better off changing it out before i leave or change it out when the other one craps out?
how hard a job is it to change out?

It will take a little work w/ PS in there Noah...

Impossible to say if you should swap now w/out knowing the condition of your replacement pump. Is it new? Re-man? Salvage? How does it spin?

I tore two of mine down and got sealed bearings at a supply house - write up is in the Tech Links section. Cost me ~$25

PabloCruise said:
It will take a little work w/ PS in there Noah...

Impossible to say if you should swap now w/out knowing the condition of your replacement pump. Is it new? Re-man? Salvage? How does it spin?

I tore two of mine down and got sealed bearings at a supply house - write up is in the Tech Links section. Cost me ~$25
I think i will do that with the one i take out....or mabye i will do it with the one i gonna put in.
It is a used one from CruiserParts.

I would wait and do it there where one of the other cruiser dudes can do most of the work.

get yourself a set of combination RATCHET wrenches.

Definitely not a fun job reaching the pump and hoses, but with your skinny girly arms it should be easier. :flipoff2:

If you really want to have fun, try this: when the pump siezes (and you know it will), remove all your belts (the ones on the truck, not your pants :rolleyes: ) and just use the AC belt to run the water pump/alternator. Sure, you'll be running without air conditioning or power steering, but hey, what are you, a :princess: ????

Good luck, sorry I won't be there. :frown:

if you need a smog pump, i have two. a working oem i got from trailcarnage, send me $30 bucks and i'll send it to you.

beaufort-fj60 said:
if you need a smog pump, i have two. a working oem i got from trailcarnage, send me $30 bucks and i'll send it to you.
DAMNIT - I just paid FAWKING $150 from Cruiser parts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom