Smog Pump Replacement. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Smog Pump developed a loud squeal this morning and also smoked the belt. Now I'm down a vehicle and unable to locate another pump. Rock Auto and all the other vendors I've searched have discontinued this part.. I don't want to delete the pump because the rest of my emissions system is intact and I live in Ca. Does anyone make a replacement for these?

I was unable to find a replacement when mine tested bad. I sent it out for a rebuild (~$90 IIRC) and it now works great.

Seth, May I ask who you sent it to? Or if I remove the veins will it destroy the CAT and EGR system? I kind of need this thing running.

I sent it to these guys: B-Z Rebuilders | Auto Parts Rebuilt

I contacted them first, they gave me the shipping instructions and I sent it off. They rebuilt it and shipped it back the same day they received it. Service and quality were excellent, but I remember thinking it was spendy.

Thank you sir. I'll try to contact them tomorrow. "Spendy" is my middle name when it comes to vehicle and home repair this year.

It sure is, '67 M35A2. I bobbed it and put on 395's. It's a ton of fun, but a ruddy monster on the road.

SOR.com has a rebuilt unit for sale for about $400.
SOR PN: 048-01G

I’m open for correction, but If I’m not mistaken BZ actually rebuilds for SOR. Had my Power Steering Pump rebuilt ($85) in November based upon another Mud member recommendation and was pleasantly surprised by the quality, turnaround and price. Pay your money and take your choice. Take a look at their website and give them a call Monday morning for a quote. These guys are pro’s with decades of experience.

Got the old pump out and it's toast. After removing what was left of the veins, it still turns hard so the bearings are most likely gone as well so it won't even make a good idler pulley. In the mean time managed to source a used one from another Mud Member for a good deal. You guys are a great help. It's amazing this thing didn't seize up while I was driving, as a matter of fact It gave no signs of failure. I drove it home from town, and the next day when I started it up, squeeeelll.
While I've got everything apart I might as well get the power steering pump rebuilt. the bottom of it as well as the smog pump were saturated in goo. The fluid in the PS pump is brown.

I got a refurbed smog pump from oreilly. I forget what it cost, but they actually had it in stock and they took the old one for a core charge.

I got a refurbed smog pump from oreilly. I forget what it cost, but they actually had it in stock and they took the old one for a core charge.

How long ago was that? I struck out with them

I just recently picked up a used smog pump from cruiserparts.net - $125. Didnt know that sending it out for a rebuild was an option. I may try that with my old one, as soon as my wallet stops hemorrhaging money

I would rather delete all this garbage because I live in one of the few County's in California that don't require yearly testing but I would rather play it safe. If and when the rules change, I've got to put it all back on.

I just desmogged my 60, the smog pump worked fine. PM me an offer, I can ship it tomorrow

Emailed the aforementioned B-Z Rebuilders | Auto Parts Rebuilt and they replied within a half-hour with the following information on services and pricing for rebuilding various LandCruiser parts. They didn't specify the year, but I mentioned I was inquiring about FJ60s.

The LandCruiser Smog Pump is $195.00,
LandCruiser Power Steering Pump - $75.00-$85.00
LandCruiser Gear Box is $195.00 - $245.00
LandCruiser Alt. between - $65.00 - $75.00
LandCruiser Starter between - $65,00 - $75.00
LandCruiser Brake Booster - $245.00-- $295.00
LandCruiser Axles -$65.00

Last edited:
Does Jim C still carry the idler pulley set up for the 2F? If so how can I contact him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom