Smog pump removed. New belt in. Is this OK? Smog pump for sale :) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Removed the smog pump finally. The belt I found after various searches was a 22525

The belt can go on 2 way I can see. I believe I chose the best route.. You chime in ;)

I did not put it on the second alternator vbelt pully slot instead its on the crank/fan/pw steering pump/tensioner.

Anyone know of any reason the alternator needs 2 belts? If so I'll look for a larger one that will fit it all.

Also for you poor Californians, or other smogged souls. I have a smog pump for sale :)

IMAG0322.jpg
IMG_20151024_114541.jpg

and even here -in wretched ARB-infested California- I thought that we had given up on those in the 80s.... damn....

you sure that's an 80, right? :hmm:

I used Napa 25-22525 belt when I did my delete. Been 6+ months. Alternator only has the one belt going around it.

Mind taking a pic of that EGR delete? What did you plug the bung with?

Sent from my iPhone

I used a kit from a guy in Kingman Az. Very nicely made and highly recommend. I'll post a link later tonight. Off to a friends wedding now.

Pics will follow too.

Glad I'm not the only one who used that belt then :)

I bought my block off plate from @fj62inTexas I believe that is his screen name. He sent everything to me. Belt, bolts, etc.

I ended up getting a bung from another guy on mud that had an extra. It's a dorman plug. Hard to find but Napa can order or can buy 12 at a time online.

Wow they make kits now. Made mine myself

1445753359625.jpg

The "kit" consists of the belt, fipg, screws, belt, and EGR block off plate. Basically saves you the hassle of researching everything.

Kit I got was just the egr plate +s crews and a nice machined bolt to go where the tube from the exhaust went. Belt I got from Oreiley.
And caps for the vacuums I disconnected.

Pretty easy and well worth it.

Now I just need to loose the cats. Next weekend I hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom