smog pump problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got back from Georgetown lake, Mt. On sun. we noticed the fan belt broke on my 83 fj60. I was able to find a belt 50 miles away. I bought some tools and the belt which was the wrong thikness but I figured it would get me back to missoula, well when I was replacing it I noticed the smoog pump wasn't turning, so I took it off with the cruiser next to the lake took it apart and it was all in pieces inside. so I put everything together and it still wouldn't spin, so I took it apart and decided the only way to get it to work was to beat the round thing inside inward and take everything I could out. well now I nedd a new pump can anyone help. O and I also lost a whole day of wakeboarding and partying.

kragen auto parts (might be "checker or "shucks" in mt.) has them. i had the same problem. i got one for about $85. you might find it on www.partsamerica.com also. that is their website :grinpimp:

I threw up a similar post last week. I was going to buy a new one but it seems that teh beast will run just fine with the smog pump as a shell. I took all the guts out of mine regreased all the bearings and it was fine. I figure I only want to spend that 90$ if I have to. If yo ugo with a NAPA or something others on this site have warned me to take it apart and check it out as they have had missng parts and/or poor rebuilds.
Good Luck neighbor

I have seen that truck around. About a year ago it hung out down here more often. Is that when you bought it? Is she a natural blue or is that aftermarket? Mine is rootbeer brown and definately faded with 230K on it.

If you need them I have some stock horns and some ignition components that I am just gonna throw out. let me know and we can meet half way and check out the cruisers! There are actually about 6 different FJ60's down here now. In addition to four running FJ40s that sneak about and one really nice FJ55 that is two tone green and white. Nice place to be if you like seeing cruisers.

I will PM you when I know I am going into Missoula and we'll meet up. Not this weekend but perhaps the following one. Good to have another fellow cruizer around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom