Smog Pump brush gone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't remember if there were brushes on both sides of the vane, or not...

I don't remember if there were brushes on both sides of the vane, or not...

p5060005-jpg.419541

Do you really need the pump? Those brushes are kinda expensive, where you could just replace with an idler pulley and be done with the smog stuff, sell it off and get your money back.

Do you really need the pump? Those brushes are kinda expensive, where you could just replace with an idler pulley and be done with the smog stuff, sell it off and get your money back.

I do have ide pulley kit in my possession, get my money back? what am I going to do with all the $ ?

Well, if you do desmog the truck, sell the smog parts here on MUD and get some money back...

Or on the flip side, get a good used pump and run it. Reduced emissions is great for everyone and the air injection system is not some parasite on engine performance.

Ok. Let us know if those brushes work... Usually it's the vanes that break up, though.

Send it to B-Z Rebuilders in Canoga Park, California. They rebuild these for SOR. 818 703 0821 mention Mud and they will treat you right. 200 bucks and fast turn around. Check them out, they also rebuild P/S pumps.

Ok. Let us know if those brushes work... Usually it's the vanes that break up, though.
they did, not out the box, I have to file just the edge as they have one shart angle not too much, but look like it is working, how do you lubricate it ?

Just the bearings get lube, the brushes are graphite, so slippery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom