smog pump and misc hose ?s... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I finally got into the investiagtion of my motor....

I disconnected all hoses and took the aircleaner off. found out that 2 of the bottom hoses (hot air hose/tube and smog pump hose) were both connected to the aircleaner but not connected to anything else. are these neccesary?

which brings me to my next question....there are no hoses connected to the smog pump. in or out. does this mean it has been de-smogged? should I fix this or what? I live in CO and plan to run the 2F until I can get the V8 swap funded. Will I need the smog pump up here or should I just go without it?

also, my choke cable busted. it won't start without it. is this a carb adjustment issue or should I just replace the cable?

It needs to pass a smog test to be registered, right? I can practically guarantee that it won't pass the test without a functional smog pump. How long have you had it? It sounds like someone pulled some hoses off of it but left them open. Either get a Toyota emissions book, or bring it to a Rising Sun meeting so you can compare it to a similar rig with the hardware intact.

http://risingsun4x4club.org

I've had it for 2 months.......

is there anything I can do to check that the smog pump works while the hoses are disconnected?

when is the next meeting? 8/3?

Yes, next meeting is 8/3 at Stevenson Toyota in Golden.

With the engine running, you should be able to feel some air being pushed out of the pump at one of the ports,(watch your fingers.) If the pump isn't moving any air, then there's a good chance that the guts were removed. Hopefully the rest of the hardware is there, especially the Air Bypass Valve. It is an obscenely overpriced valve that directs the pump output to the appropriate destination.

seems pretty straight forward then. Thanks! I will check tonight....

what time is the meeting? it might be the Sept meeting before I can make it up. I am in the thick of kickball season! My games are on Wednesday nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom