Wanted Smog pump & alternator belt tensioners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Looking for the Adjusting Bar for the smog pump tensioner. Not in stock at SOR. Thinking this may be universal for other models.

Also need the tension adjuster for the alternator. Not having any luck on the SOR site either.

Got some time so I’m posting this up before I have a chance to dig into the FSM.

Thanks
Brandon

5C3E244F-A934-4155-A642-6AA957DDD2A4.jpeg

F99B5939-9213-42FB-89FB-DF3C9E0FDED5.jpeg

Hi all.

Looking for the Adjusting Bar for the smog pump tensioner. Not in stock at SOR. Thinking this may be universal for other models.

Also need the tension adjuster for the alternator. Not having any luck on the SOR site either.

Got some time so I’m posting this up before I have a chance to dig into the FSM.

Thanks
Brandon

View attachment 1903309

View attachment 1903310
Order one off a 80 series Landcruiser.
Through your dealer.
I don’t have the part numbers. But I used that for mine.

Go get one from Home Depot. Grade 8 with a zinc coating should do just fine. M8 1.25 thread pitch. ~4”

Thanks for the replies.

Sourcing the bolt is no problem. It’s the nut that grabs the pulley I need. Will look for an 80 series one.

Thanks for the replies.

Sourcing the bolt is no problem. It’s the nut that grabs the pulley I need. Will look for an 80 series one.
That little bugger..... ugh.... I’m sorry my friend.
Here you go.
Search air pump adjusting bar. It should pop up. I’m not sure if it’s cheaper than the stealership but this one is $15. I think mine with the bolt too. It should work on the alternator as well.
Part # 177317-61020

IMO, cruiser parts would be a last resort. They d*cked me around on some fenders for a month or so, then finally admitted they didnt have them.
That sucks a lot. I’m dealing with that on some firearms related purchases on another site. For what it’s worth, I got my parts from cruiserparts in a few days with no problems. Internet purchases are a gamble sometimes.

That kind of Nut is called a 'Coupling Nut' you can find a M8 x 1.25 (for for that matter an SAE size) and weld a thick washer on it, if the 80-series won't work (I have no idea).

That kind of Nut is called a 'Coupling Nut' you can find a M8 x 1.25 (for for that matter an SAE size) and weld a thick washer on it, if the 80-series won't work (I have no idea).

View attachment 1903407
You’ve got me thinking Alf. I think the locktab used on the transfer case idler shaft welded onto that coupler would be a ringer for that part.

Good idea!

You’ve got me thinking Alf. I think the locktab used on the transfer case idler shaft welded onto that coupler would be a ringer for that part.

Good idea!

Oh! That would be perfect!

A 5 gallon lid as a background?? Really disappointing Matt. :)

That's USG lightweight drywall compound " Low Dust Formula " SIR .................................

I think you could have garnished it with some 1975 Fj40 brochures, large keys, or TEQ flashlights. I am usually drooling by the last picture. Sorry, the presentation was lacking, you may not make it to round two. Not your best effort. :)

I think you could have garnished it with some 1975 Fj40 brochures, large keys, or TEQ flashlights. I am usually drooling by the last picture. Sorry, the presentation was lacking, you may not make it to round two. Not your best effort. :)

:p

Another case of the one way ratchet. :rolleyes:

everybody has off days .................

Don't frett

there's alot planned in the pipe-line for 2019.............

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom