Smog inspection question-a little help here? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, smog check time is comming soon, i've never had any luck with passing , sooooo , does anyone have any ideas on how to help me " get by" the sniffer test? I used to have a freind that would take care of inspection for me but is now out of state. i've done the lean drop best as I can, and my ABV is dumping air into the exhaust pipe rite before the converter, can anyone give me any more tips before I go?- I'm aware of changing the oil rite before hand and have done a complete tune up, but still, at least just once , would like to go and pass without having any complications.

Last time around i think it was the carbon monoxide at idle as when it did pass it was rite on the border line, at the 2500 RPM it was fine, this was after i replaced the check valve on the bypass valve to pipe, smog pump and rebuilt the carb and change the ABV itself, he said that he had to adjust the timing and carb to get it to pass, but they were where i had left them before. Rite now the truck has a miss fire at idle that i just can't nail down, but anyway , i always seam to be over the limit-used to live in L.A. county-I'm convinced that it's the worst place on the planet to try and pass smog---but like I said, I just want to go and be done with it without the usual hassel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom