Smog Equip/Weber Carb (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I have always wanted a land cruiser, now I've got one. Wanted an fj40, but with three kids, the fj60 makes a load of sense. Looking to make this a daily driver. I only drive an average of 8 miles a day. It's an '84 fj60. The truck sat for a year and I have had a hard time with the fuel delivery. I have plenty of fuel going to the carb now, but I need to either rebuild the carb or relace it. Please don't send hate mail, but I am considering removing all of the smog equipment and replacing the original carb with 32/36 weber carb from Joe TLC. Its a custom kit that uses the original linkage. So, is this a bad move? Is there a better kit? How big a job is it to remove somg equip? I keep seeing a header on ebay, I think a header, new exhaust, and weber carb should make a great daily driver.
K743MANROD.jpg

from what i have read (no personal experience yet) i have seen everyone gravitate twords the webber 38/38 if you are going that way because the 2f requires a bigger carb since it is a bigger engin. but there are also a lot of people that use the 32/36 with no problems...

Go the 38/38 route. I ran one for years and I have set up others for other people. Straight out of the box it will run, but on the rich side. It will require tuning. If you posses the requisite skills, you will love it. I'm a bit of a scoff-law, but I think the emissions mess on these rigs is a crime in itself. My 2F recipe was the 38/38, a header, no smog, a fluid heat riser for the cold and re-curved distributor. It will blow the doors off a stock 60. Or if your feeling brave, go all the way and do a TBI swap. I've done that on my V8 and its the same process. If I can do it, anybody can. FTR, that cute little air cleaner is not big enough for the 2F. I proved that by removing it and driving down the street with new found power. Get something different.

where did you purchase your 38/38 from? did it come with everything needed?

I really like Trollholes product he has right now, downside is I had installed a Weber 38/38 a few months before I found out about it. Look into the carb, its a lot easier to install, and much more idiot proof I think.

Weber runs rich just as lehiguy says. It took some tinkering but I got mine running acceptably getting about 13mpg with a stock distributor.

The original smog equipment is probably not as effective. But if your smog pump still works you're better off than if it didn't.

Good to see a new cruiser addict!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom