Smog delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Curious if anyone has done a full smog delete on their fj60's 2f engine. What im asking is what can i remove from he vacuum/smog systems and it still run right? Preferably please include pictures or if requested I can post pictures of under the hood of my fj60 and you can edit the pictures and circle what is safe to go and what has to stay. Thank you in advance

Curious if anyone has done a full smog delete on their fj60's 2f engine. What im asking is what can i remove from he vacuum/smog systems and it still run right? Preferably please include pictures or if requested I can post pictures of under the hood of my fj60 and you can edit the pictures and circle what is safe to go and what has to stay. Thank you in advance
I've done a pretty full smog delete on a 2F. In a 55, not a 60, but you get the idea. I'm down to 1 vacuum line, drives better than ever.

20220426_131547.jpg

20220426_131601.jpg

20220426_131611.jpg

There are several threads on this forum on this topic. The link below has an attached pdf of the (extreme) go-to instructions how to proceed.

Most of the emissions equipment doesn’t impact performance and a lot if it is useful and helpful from a performance point of view.
Ripping it all out only clears up the engine bay to make it look less cluttered at the cost of adversely affecting some useful systems.

But there are some smog systems that do suck on the 60 - definitely.

Before ripping it out, I’d first study it and understand what it’s doing. The more you understand it, the less you’ll want to tear it all out.

Attachments

• 2F Emissions Manual.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 42

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom