Smittybilt X2O on a Slee Short Bus- It Fits! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a Slee short bus and I am curious how people have mounted a Smittybilt 10K or 12K X20 on it... I know people have their opinions about the Smittybilt winch but its what I am working with. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

So for those considering this in the future, a Smittybilt 10K or 12K X20 will fit on the Slee short bus with no problems. You will have to move the solenoid to the left side of the winch using the small brackets that come with the winch.

I know people have mixed opinions about the Smittybilt winches. For me it was very affordable and came with a 5 year warranty for free on a deal a local shop was running. I have a laundry list of things I want to do to the LC and saving money anywhere I can is the goal. I will do a small review here after I have put this thing through the wringer and I'll tell you what I think.

Some tips I learned along the way:
Install the winch with the bumper off the LC.
Install the brackets to move the solenoid and mount the solenoid before you put the winch on the bumper.
You will have to bore out the holes for the plate in the front.

1588828076131.png
1588828170302.png

Last edited:
So for those considering this in the future, a Smittybilt 10K or 12K X20 will fit on the Slee short bus with no problems. You will have to move the solenoid to the left side of the winch using the small brackets that come with the winch.

I know people have mixed opinions about the Smittybilt winches. For me it was very affordable and came with a 5 year warranty for free on a deal a local shop was running. I have a laundry list of things I want to do to the LC and saving money anywhere I can is the goal. I will do a small review here after I have put this thing through the wringer and I'll tell you what I think.

Install the brackets to move the solenoid and mount the solenoid before you put the winch on the bumper.

View attachment 2298220 View attachment 2298221

Looking at the same! Did you go with the 12k? Any pictures of the holes you had to bore out? On a side note, are you currently running dual batteries or just single?

Looking at the same! Did you go with the 12k? Any pictures of the holes you had to bore out? On a side note, are you currently running dual batteries or just single?
I went with the 12K. It was only a little bit more money than the 10K and had the same dimensions as the 10k. The only holes you have to bore out are were the winch plate goes on the front of the bumper where the rope threads through the bumper to the winch. Its a very simple modification. When I first started to install the winch I was worried the solenoid wouldn't fit but I assure you it will. You just have to mount it on the side with the bracket that comes in the kit.

I am in the process of adding a second battery. I have ran my winch thus far attached to the main battery and haven't had any issues. I am adding a second a battery just because I will be adding other things to the auxiliary battery in the future.

I went with the 12K. It was only a little bit more money than the 10K and had the same dimensions as the 10k. The only holes you have to bore out are were the winch plate goes on the front of the bumper where the rope threads through the bumper to the winch. Its a very simple modification. When I first started to install the winch I was worried the solenoid wouldn't fit but I assure you it will. You just have to mount it on the side with the bracket that comes in the kit.

I am in the process of adding a second battery. I have ran my winch thus far attached to the main battery and haven't had any issues. I am adding a second a battery just because I will be adding other things to the auxiliary battery in the future.

Awesome! Thanks for getting back to me!

View attachment 2298220 View attachment 2298221
I have the same bumper and winch, why did you have to mount the solenoid box on the side? Do the wired hit the grill once the bumper is on? I have it all mounted up on the floor and the solenoid box fits good on the bumper. I appreciate the help. ( how has the Smitty winch worked out for you?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom