Smell coming from my engine..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where in upstate NY? Maybe it isn’t the truck that stinks??
Probably just the stench drifting down from all the Canadian in-breading....

Did they replace the belts during the tune up? My belts shed some rubber and smelled
For the first couple of tanks after the belt change.

When my valve cover gasket decided it was time to be changed it let me know by drizzling hot oil every where and because these engines get quite hot it was pretty stinking. Oil, coolant, and fuel are the things that stink the most.

When my valve cover gasket decided it was time to be changed it let me know by drizzling hot oil every where and because these engines get quite hot it was pretty stinking. Oil, coolant, and fuel are the things that stink the most.
Thx going to degrease and also explore replacing the exhaust gasket. Smell is coming from passenger side of the engine for sure.

Thx going to degrease and also explore replacing the exhaust gasket. Smell is coming from passenger side of the engine for sure.

Not much on the passenger side....exhaust on intake side. Have you inspected your oil galley plug on the passenger side?

passenger side has PCV valve (maybe the grommet is cracked or missing) and the charcoal canister (part of the evaporative emissions system). or you could have oil leaks from the oil galley plug (mentioned above) or the push rod covers

Another place to check is distributor cap vac lines, which are on passenger side. See below for more detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom