small WRECK question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My son wa dirive the 84 last week and a "student driver" marked car came to a complete stop in an open intersection to take a right turn. He was fortunatley able to stop before ramming the car but the minivan behind wasn't paying as close attention and rear-ended him. Traffic is usually moving 30-40mph in the area, and I think the minivan must have hit his brakes at the last minute - because his front bumper dove down and really only ran into the heavy duty reciever hitch. His air bags both deployed and his front bumper is wasted. I can't find any damage on the 84. Is there anything I should look for underneath since his insurance adjuster want to look at my car this week? My son said he put it in Neutral before he got hit. Thanks. Sorry I don't have a picture of the minivan to post.
Jay

HA - he did have some neck pain for a few days - also had belly pain and peed some blood so has had a CT scan. Not looking for a settlement, but if they offer....

I love having big reciever hitches. I was rear ended once coming up to a toll plaza. Put a nice big hole in the other guy's bumper and did nothing to me.

Uh, check your spare tire? Other than the gas tank, there is not that much back there.

Oh yeah, check where your hitch mounts to the frame to make sure that it did not warp the frame. That's all.

:beer:

FJKai got hit recently and besides the obvious quarter panel and bumper damaged he received, some of his body mounts were bent. I would think your body mounts would be fine if your body wasn't hit but if you don't have to pay it is worth looking at. His spring also cracked at the military wrap, double check everything under there to be safe.

What Is A 2f Turbo Set Up? Where Can You Get It????

doctorJ said:
HA - he did have some neck pain for a few days - also had belly pain and peed some blood so has had a CT scan. Not looking for a settlement, but if they offer....

He needs to see a lawyer.

They aren't going to offer. Insurance companies (and adjusters) are some of the scum of the earth. After I was hit by a car on my bike I told the adjuster I wanted money for a new bicycle that was destroyed she said I should claim it through my home owner's policy. WTF?! Dumb b%tch. They ended up settling (for a bunch of injuries) but it still took a lawyer. He was a scum bag too. The whole affair was repugnant.

doctorJ said:

if he peed blood, and had belly pain, i hope by now you've stopped worring about your truck, and had that ct scan looked at closely.
10 years ago, i bumped into a stone oout cropping while hiking. hurt like a bitch, and had a bruise. a week later, i collapsed. ended up a ruptured my spleen. Doc said if i had collapsed somewhere alone, i wouldve internally bled to death in a few hours.

hammer

The short answer is you have to build it

Update - CT scan read completely normal. He isn't in any pain at this point either - EXCEPT I asked him when he last checked the oil and he couldn't tell me... so I go out and check it myself and the dipstick is dry!! New Pain! Drain and refill scheduled in the morning, and no truck priveldges for him for a while. Oh, and the spare tire, unrelated to the wreck, had a gouge in the side wall big enough to stick a golf ball in. Jay

glad the ct scan was okay.
funny about the oil. my 84 burns oil, so i have a sign on my ship door that says "oil". everytime i leave my shop, i see the sing, and know to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom