Small TB adjustment for firmer suspension. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not really looking to lift my 99 LC and I like the stock ride on highway. I would like just a touch more stiffness. Can I crank Torsion bars up an inch then just add 1" spacer on rear springs to maintain rake? Will this mess up my ride or give me what I'm looking for without having to lift?

All control arms have been changed front and rear along with sway bushings. New OEM front shocks also.

All stock with stock tires, no bumpers, extra weight except regular gear in back. With typical load on .8 inch rake. Front is just a little spongy off-road and during breaking/acceleration. Rides like a Caddy on long trips though haha.

As far as I know, the TB’s are not progressive - you are just raising the vehicle (similar to adding spacers in back).

If you want to ‘firm up’ the ride try new shocks. A digressive shock such as Bilstein 4600 will firm it up a lot (over stock) - Eibach (from tire rack) are a little bit softer on rougher surfaces. Both of these will lessen body roll and brake dive. However for off highway, lots of better options depending on $$$. Some love the stock shocks - they are inexpensive but I find them too soft.

Also make sure your sway bar (stabilizer bar) bushings and links are in good shape (cheap to replace).
Kevin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom