Small coolant hose to radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
shanksmare.com
So I picked up an amazon aluminum radiator because the brass one had given up the ghost. I knew there was a chance not everything would fit perfectly, and that is the case.
The one issue is that the radiator does not have a nipple for the small hose that goes from the flange on the head. How important is that hose? It appears it just runs right with the upper radiator hose. Can it be capped?

4CDEE2A1-8643-4119-AE4D-ACD07D2412E7.jpeg
D1BF2167-6347-4474-BDEA-B2AB59130964.jpeg
A2CB11BB-B780-4A72-811E-6B14694F625A.jpeg

That's a water bypass hose, I wouldn't cap/delete it.

Add a nipple to your radiator (AFTER confirming the radiator fits, as suggested above)

Also, what’s the spec on that cap that is screwed on? Does the OEM cap fit?

So I picked up an amazon aluminum radiator because the brass one had given up the ghost. I knew there was a chance not everything would fit perfectly, and that is the case.
The one issue is that the radiator does not have a nipple for the small hose that goes from the flange on the head. How important is that hose? It appears it just runs right with the upper radiator hose. Can it be capped?

View attachment 2445696View attachment 2445697View attachment 2445698

I capped that bypass hose for time being by a bolt and hose clamp. I have four core alumni radiator for manual transmission. I adapted the fan shroud as well. So I also had to delete the tranny cooler lines going to the radiator. I end up installing an extra universal cooler for transmission in line to the factory transmission cooler. I have body lift so I also had to trim on lower mounts to fit. I had to swap out the lower hose as well. Measure the OD of both ends and length and go to your local auto store to pick something that could work.

Last edited:
What's that small bung (? threaded hole) to the right of the upper radiator pipe in the photo of the aluminum radiator?

It's from Amazon - send it back and get a Koyo.

Been running mine for 3 years with the line capped off and no heating problems in so cal.

I wanted to point out that this particular radiator does have the transmission cooler. I used Wits End adapters time install AN fittings. I will have to modify the shroud a bit to clear them though. As for that small bypass hose. I am going to see if I can get a friend to weld a nipple on for me. Otherwise I will cap it for the time being.
72CF5382-26C7-45D4-8556-434DDF9EEF3F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom