1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sm465 rebuilding manual?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by godzilla, Mar 10, 2004.

1. godzilla

godzilla

Does anybody know of any books, that tell you how to rebuild a sm465 chevy transmission? I paid $600 to have my last one redone, and hate to spend that much money again. I have to pull the mainshaft out and replace it with a classic cruiser one, to do my swap. Thanks in advance.

2. Pin_Head

Pin_Head

3. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    Is your current 465 the 10-spline output or a 2wd version? If it's the 10-spline, just tig weld a stud on the output and call it good.

BTW: box is on the chair next to me, hitting UPS at lunch...

4. Doorguy

Doorguy

I went to the Library and checked out an old Motors manual that covered 70's trucks. Also used the digital camera on the innerds. Hardest parts is moving or lifting the pig around the shop. P.S. Don't buy and bearings or small parts at Chevy, they mark them up like 500% or so.

5. bennieb

bennieb

Hi ive got an 74 fj 45 cruiser which i am rebuilding. I need a complete powersteering kit. Ive also done spring over axle converstion but stuck now due to not investigating extent of work to be done websites pirate and mudrak gives all parts required. I now need someone to help me complete this project as no resources available in S.A. I need honest help and advice. Please email as who i should contact .

Thank You
    Bennie.:confused: